Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin ?

ttownsmoker
ttownsmoker Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys I am wanting to do Lawn Rangers Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin kabobs tonight in my egg. My question is that on his post he doesnt include any measurements for his marinade/glaze and I was curious if you guys had any suggestions as to what measurements i should use. The tenderloin I am preparing is a 1.5 - 2 lb tenderloin. Here are the ingredients he uses:[p]Balsamic Vinegar
Blackberry preserves
rosemary
Thyme
salt and pepper [p]Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    ttownsmoker, hopefully Mike will chime in, but here's the proportions I would start with. This may be too little or too much glaze but let's give it a shot and see how bad off I am when Mike replies:[p]1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
    1/2 cup Blackberry preserves
    1 tsp rosemary
    1 tsp Thyme
    1/4 tsp each salt and pepper

• Wise One,

Thanks for those measurements...That was about what I was thinking but wanted to get an idea from you " experts" lol...thanks again

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    medallion2.jpg
    <p />ttownsmoker,[p]
    That's probably because he doesn't know the measurements. :o)[p]For the Tenderloin, depending on how many your doing, I usually just mix everything in a gallon zip-lock bag and drop the medallions in it for a couple of hours. The rates aren't real critical, but here's a good guess.[p]Raspberry Chipotle....1/2 cup or so
    Balsamic Vinegar...1/3 to 1/2 cup
    Mustard...a couple of tablespoons[p]After they marinate for a while I wrap with bacon and season usually with just Kosher Salt and coarse ground pepper (the marinade provides enough flavor). I like doing the medallions because they tend to cook consistently as opposed to a whole tenderloin where the tail get done quicker. I also find that each piece has more flavor than a whole tenderloin does because each piece has gotten marinated and seasoned individually. It's also a quicker cook. [p]I also use Balsamic as a base for other stuff like chicken and pork. My favorite for wings and legs is below. The secret is the Chipotle Peppers and Adobo Sauce [p]The base pretty much consists of:[p]Balsamic Vinegar ...1/3 to 1/2 cup
    Brown Sugar...about 1/3 to 1/2 cup
    A couple of canned Chipotle Peppers and a couple of tablespoons of the Adobo Sauce they are packed in (mashed or pureed)
    Mustard...a couple of tablespoons
    Soy Sauce....a couple of tablespoons
    Worchestershire....a couple of tablespoons
    Heinz Catsup.....a couple of tablespoons [p]IMG_2329.jpg[p]Mix it all together in the gallon bag (setting aside some as basting sauce)and marinate whatever for a few hours to overnight. It's a good, sweet and spicy mixture. However, it's sure not rocket science, and changes everytime I make it.[p]Hope this helps.[p]Mike.

• Lawn Ranger,
    Yes, that helped me ALOT. I am looking forward to the kabobs tonight. Thank you again