Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Wellington (Medallions)

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2782.jpg
<p />Last week I had some of the best Beef Wellington I've ever had. So, I thought I'd try something similar on a smaller scale. These are pork tenderloins cut on a diagonal abount 1 1/2" thick. I seasoned them with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence. In a skillet I sauteed garlic, shallots and mushrooms. The medallions were seared at high temps in a cast iron skillet on the Egg just until they were browned slightly. I then placed each medallion on a crescent roll triangle and spooned the mushroom mixture on each one. It took two of the pastry sheets to completely enclose the pork. They then got an egg wash and went on the egg at approx. 375 degrees on a pizza pan sitting on an inverted platesetter. I monitored them with my thermapen, and the cooking was remarkably consistent. I pulled at 155 because that's what they got to internally while the pastry was browning. [p]This was really good stuff![p]Mike[p]
IMG_2765.jpg[p]IMG_2769.jpg[p]IMG_2774.jpg[p]IMG_2776.jpg[p]IMG_2777.jpg[p]IMG_2778.jpg[p]IMG_2779.jpg

Comments