Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza semi success

Options
Mayberry Smoker
Mayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made my first pizza last night on the egg. Other than the crust getting a little burnt ( not bad enough that we couldn't eat it ) it was a success. Used a recipe for the crust that I got off here, had sausage, ground beef, pepperonis and cheese. I let my stone get too hot and had a little trouble sliding pizza on to the pizza stone from the cookie sheet we used to make it on. Used corn meal on the cookie sheet and the pizza stone, pizza came off the pizza stone just fine. Got temp up to 600 and let it sit there for awhile, when I put the pizza on the temp dropped to around 500, cooked the pizza with out the daisy wheel on top and temp made it back up to around 550 by the time I took it off. The only casualty was my wifes hot pad that I scorched when I took the pizza stone off and brought it to the table. Next time I'm gonna cook at a little lower temp and try to find some parchment paper. Thanks to everyone that answered my pizza questions the other day.

Comments