Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Large BGE tables

Smokin' NoleSmokin' Nole Posts: 20
edited 10:48PM in EggHead Forum
I have read on Naked Wiz' website on his table construction, and I have the table plans on BGE website... although both are great.. I wondered, what have other eggers done when building a table to make it better/more re-inforced and little extras added.. or should I just go with the other plans and move on.

Comments

• table.jpg
    <p />Smokin' Nole, you can see the before renovation at Whiz's site.
  • Smokin' Nole,[p]Now, i'm not much more than a wood butcher...but i managed to get my table together using the BGE plans.[p]I did make a few mods...i used 4x4 posts and put in 2 extra cross members under the table top. You'll notice that the hole is cut about 6 inches from the edge instead of 4. I wanted to make sure that there was something to support under the cut off portion of the table top.[p]You can see what i mean in these pics:

[ul][li]phreaks BGE gallery[/ul]
  • gmangman Posts: 106
    MyEgg.jpg
    <p />There are lots of beautiful table designs around. In part, it's going to depend on what you intend to do with the egg. Some folks have a dedicated spot where they use their egg. So their tables can get quite ornate, almost like a piece of furniture.[p]For me, portability was an issue. I have to roll mine out to where I'm going to grill. So I follow Wiz's guidelines pretty closely except for adding some wheelbarrow handles. His design is very sturdy. I stood in the portion where the egg sits and there wasn't any creaking. And I'm 70lbs heavier than the egg.
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    G-man,
    Do you realize you have your bands are positioned incorrectly????.....The lower vent, and the thermometer and handle should ALL be 180° from the spring hinge.....spring in the back, everything else in the front...Don`t guess it would cause any problems like you have it though...just making a comment.[p]Wess

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,989
    Morning Smokin' Nole:[p]I guess I'm one of those who got carried away with my design???[p]closeregg.jpg[p]Have a GREAT day!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• G-man,
    The wheelbarrow handles are genius!
    Portability is an issue for me too. In my case, My neighbor gave me a pair of casters and I retrofitted my table.

• gmangman Posts: 106
    LOL, doh! Yeah, I should have rotated them around. In retrospect, I like having the lower vent there. I don't have to reach over/around the handles. ...but I think I'm going to rotate that top lid around so the thermometer points right at me. That's always kind of annoyed me but I never thought about it until now. LOL, I'm an idiot. :p

• UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
    G-man,
    Thats cool. Love the wheel barrow handles.

• thanks to everyone for the ideas and pictures... I really appreciate it... is anyone going to eggfest in Ocala, FL ??[p]it only took FSU 16 years to beat Duke at Cameron