Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The well traveled egg?

Options
GWW
GWW Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nature Boy should know the answer to this question, seems how he takes his egg everywhere! How do you all take your egg's on the road? Break them all the way down or leave it intact with some kind of cradle to secure it? Heading to Nantucket and thinking the little hibachi grille my buddy has just wont cut it! A few ideas?[p]gww

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    GWW,
    This is one of the best points of a mini. It does not take up a lot of space and it is very efficient on lump. I kept the packing material for my mini and just rewrap it every time. The mini lives in a milk crate that adds stability for travel. I also use an empty coffee can to transport lump. Depending on how long you are staying, you can guess on how many coffee cans full of lump you will need. My mini does not travel with the ceramic top on it, I just use a paper towel to fill the space. The ceramic top is safely stored in the wrapped up in the egg[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    [img]http://home.cox.rr.com/chriscapell/EggsCamp.jpg The important thing is to secure it from rolling around. I have transported it both assembled and disassembled.[/img]
    <p />GWW,
    The important thing is to secure it from moving around. I have transported it both assembled and disassembled. If you have time to disassemble the parts it makes it easier to handle. If I carry it in the Pathfinder, I strap it down in the back, and in the pickup I bungie chord it in the front corner of the bed with a blanket between the side of the bed and the ceramic. No reason not to bring the thing along. Nantucket would be the perfect place to cook up some serious meals.[p]Have a blast. We'll get tha lump soon! Just got really busy for a change.
    Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • EggsCamp.jpg
    <p />Dang. photo did not work. Maybe this will. [p]Q'd food tastes even better on vacation.[p]http://home.cox.rr.com/chriscapell/EggsCamp.jpg
  • GWW
    GWW Posts: 43
    Options
    Well I have plenty of room to strap it into the rig, a nice foam bed will do it right! Breaking it down is easy enough, just cant leave home without it! If i had a mini sure it would fit nicely inside the large...next year.
    Let me know on the lump, my schedule is freeing up a bit.[p]Greg