Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pozole

DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 761
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just made up my first batch of pozole (a Mexican stew) on the Egg, and man it was tasty. Pics and details attached.[p]Dave[p][p]
[ul][li]Pozole[/ul]
Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.

Comments

• BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
    Davekatz,[p]Posole has always been a favorite of mine. I lived in New Mexico for 10 years and it was traditional to have posole after, I believe, mid-night mass I remember the hominy we bought still had lye on it and we had to wash it real well before cooking with it. Looks like you did a great job. I am going to copy your method the next time I cook some. [p]Also like your pictures of Belize. We went to San Pedro town a few years ago.

• DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 761
    BOBF,[p]I take compliments from New Mexicans very seriously. Those folks know their food. Thank you. [p]I want to try it with a pork loin next. Probably butterfly it and stuff it with as much green chilies and garlic as I can. Mmmmmmmm. [p]Glad you like the pics. We're headed back to Caye Caulker next week. Can't wait.[p]Thanks again,[p]Dave

Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.