Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pozole

Options
Davekatz
Davekatz Posts: 763
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just made up my first batch of pozole (a Mexican stew) on the Egg, and man it was tasty. Pics and details attached.[p]Dave[p][p]
[ul][li]Pozole[/ul]
Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.

Comments

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    Davekatz,[p]Posole has always been a favorite of mine. I lived in New Mexico for 10 years and it was traditional to have posole after, I believe, mid-night mass I remember the hominy we bought still had lye on it and we had to wash it real well before cooking with it. Looks like you did a great job. I am going to copy your method the next time I cook some. [p]Also like your pictures of Belize. We went to San Pedro town a few years ago.

• Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    BOBF,[p]I take compliments from New Mexicans very seriously. Those folks know their food. Thank you. [p]I want to try it with a pork loin next. Probably butterfly it and stuff it with as much green chilies and garlic as I can. Mmmmmmmm. [p]Glad you like the pics. We're headed back to Caye Caulker next week. Can't wait.[p]Thanks again,[p]Dave

Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.