Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Car Wash Mike, I started a little late...

Options
SouthOfI10
SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC00804.jpg
<p />Mike, I didn't get to start the brisket cook until 10:00 this morning. Cold as a witches you know what, too. Yeah, yeah, I know that Atlanta doesn't classify as cold compared to where AlaskanC is Egging, but these Northern winters are killing me! Heee. I followed your recipe and included the mustard slather prior to Raising the Steaks. Here it is going on Lola.
DSC00811.jpg
I added some beef broth going into the foil stage. Right now, it's resting in the cooler. I'll post back with a pic of the sliced product. It looks like it could be my best brisket yet.[p]Thanks for your help! Did you cook yours today or tomorrow?[p]Scott

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    I'm done, sliced and ready for tomorrow. Taking my egg to dads for 6 slabs of baby backs. This is a nice way to get a brisket done. I ended up injecting mine.
    I put mine on at 6 degrees. Pulled at 18 degrees a few hours later.
    I think you will be pleasanty surprised when slicing. Don't wait to long it might shred.
    Waiting for pics.[p]Mike

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    DSC00815.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    By far my best brisket yet. Definitely not competition ready, but REALLY good. I got distracted and let the temp jump from 188 to 203 in what seemed like two minutes. Next time, I will repeat this precisely, except pull at ~185F.[p]DSC00817.jpg[p]It doesn't get any better than the crumbs...
    DSC00821-1.jpg

• Sandbagger
    Options
    SouthOfI10, that looks really tender and juicy...great cook. T