Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NB!! Squiddly recipe for you!!

Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was at the local fish market and they had fresh! squid rings so I decided to get a half pound to wok on Mr. Egg.
A Thai friend had made some for me one time and I wasn't sure if I could do as well...you gotta try it![p]1/2 lb. squid rings rinsed and patted dry
6 cloves of garlic chopped pretty fine
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp of white pepper
1/2 a tsp of sea salt
2 green onions finely chopped[p]I mixed the lemon juice, white pepper, salt and the green onion together in a small bowl[p]I added two tablespoons of peanut oil to the wok which was over med. heat and added the garlic. stir fry till it's getting brown then crank up the heat to the max and dump in the squid. Stir fry till it just starts to get opaque then toss in the lemon juice concotion and keep it going for another 2 maybe 3 minutes.
I have to say that your squid was tender but this stuff was melt in your mouth...tender as a first kiss.
Not many of us like squid so I thought you would like this one.[p]See ya[p]Carey[p]

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Sundown,
    I'm new to the Egg and this forum, too. And I'm delighted to find another squid fan! I like to get giant squid, cut it into strips and grill for pizza topping.

• Sundown
    BlueSmoke,
    Welcome. I've been eggsperminting with stir fry using Mr. Egg. I happen to love squid and had to do it. If you have a chance to go the EggFest you might get lucky enough to taste some of NAture Boys squid.
    I can't go this year because of a family thing and I'm going to miss it BAD!
    Again, welcome to the forum it's a great place to hang out and learn.[p]Carey

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Thanks Carey. That sounds good. I have been hesitant to stir-fry it, as when the in-laws stir-fry it, it turns out chewier than the turbo temp grilling. I wonder how you get it so tender by stir frying? Do you have a super hot stove??[p]The ingredients of the recipe you posted sound like they would be really good. Maybe on the next batch I will do half on the egg, and half in the wok, so I can compare apples to squidlies![p]There are quite a few squid fans out there....just that the ones who don't like it make a lot of noise!! Thanks for the recipe.[p]Happy Easter
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    BlueSmoke,
    Squid fans unite! You have to try the squid bodies on humpty. After a short marinade in something with some oil grill them over a roaring 750 plus fire for a minute a side (for 6-10 inch long bodies). Brush on some sauce and do 30-60 seconds more each side. Immediately cut into rings and serve while piping hot. Or put on pizza. What a great idea![p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Sundown
    Nature Boy,
    Did the little divels in the wok on Mr. Egg! I kid you not, they were as tender as any squid I've EVER had! Brown the garlic at med temp then crank the heat when you put in the squid. Coulda knocked me over with a feather on that one. I'm doing a lot more wok-ing on the Mr. Egg just because...[p]Carey