Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our beloved Webmaster has passed on

JJ
JJ Posts: 951
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bill Miller died this past Sunday and the funeral is tomorrow (Wednesday} at 11:00 AM at Carmichale's Funeral Home in East Point, GA. Please send your condolences to his wife Brenda, also our dear friend. Bill you will be missed and always remembered and loved as a great friend.[p]JJ

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    JJ,[p]Please tell me this is not true! How terrible![p]He will be sorely missed by all as we loved him dearly. My prayers go out to his family.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    JJ,
    My god. I can't believe it. So sudden. Unexpected is too light of a word.
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    There is no replacing Bill.
    Thanks for passing along the difficult news, JJ.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Dear JJ, Brenda, and the forum.[p]JJ, you have lost a webmaster, and a great friend with whom you have shared many wonderful times with.[p]And Brenda, my sincere condolences to you and close family in your loss. I am shocked and dismayed with the news. My prayers for you and your's in your hour of grief.[p]Fred and family![p]

• aboutg.jpg
    <p />JJ,[p]Bill will be sorely missed. I remember many pleasant emails between us. I trust that he put his faith in the Lord.
    His shoes will be hard to fill.[p]G'bye Bill...[p]Aloha,
    Greg

• JJ,
    I did not know him personally but I feel as if I did. How terrible. My sincere sympathy to his family.

• Brenda and all of Bill's Family,
    We all are a special family here on the BGE Forum, and losing someone is a terrible loss for all of us. Bill's hard work and dedication to this forum as the Webmaster...keeping this forum functional so we all can communicate...will be missed. First and foremost He will be missed as a special Man to all of us. May you all live long and properous lives. Bill will be forever alive in all our hearts and souls.
    Always,
    Todd

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    JJ,[p]That's very sad news. Bill was all heart - a wonderful man & a generous friend. I'll miss his warmth, humor and kindness.[p]My deepest condolences to Brenda, their son & family.[p]Cathy
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    JJ,
    I am very sorry to read this news,Bill was a nice person and will be missed tremendously,my sincere condolences to Brenda and David.
    Larry

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    JJ,[p]I can't believe that I'm reading this and tears fill my eyes as I attempt to type a response. Bill was a great friend and a truly special person. I was honored to meet and work with him at the past two EggFests and Carol and I are deeply saddened by this news. [p]Our most heart felt condolences go out to Brenda and family. Although we will all continue forward, this forum will never be the same. I will always remember Bill and his hard work and dedication.[p]K~G

• Kamper
    Kamper Posts: 41
    JJ,[p]I'm sorry to read this and I too offer my prayers on behalf of the Webmaster and his family, and for you as well, JJ...I know it's never easy to loose a friend.[p]Mark

• JJ,
    My heart goes out to you, Brenda and the whole Miller family. I sit here with tears in my eyes knowing how hard it is going to be to continue on without him. I lost my own Mother late Monday evening, after a long illness. It was not unexpected, but even so, it is hard to think about it. Now, we find Bill (our truly beloved webmaster) has gone on to meet the Lord. I fervently pray that he knew the Lord as his personal Savior. Carolyn & I will keep the Miller family in our prayers.[p]May our Lord Jesus keep the whole family under His watchful wing. God bless you Brenda and give you strength through this time of sorrow.[p]Dave

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    JJ,[p]Oh my! Ohh, I am finding it hard to type at this point. I have been at my moms home for the past 3 days as she (81) is having some major surgery - that was hard and I have been an emotional wreck while there. Now I log on this AM and read this. I am very sad about this - only meeting Bill and Brenda last Oct it was as if I had known them for years. [p]My deepest condolences to you Brenda. [p]Tim Moore
  • JJ,
    Came into my office today just clicked on forum, read your post and tears came to my eyes. Met him at Eggtoberfest and got to know him through this forum. I am so sorry, my heart goes out to all that knew him and Brenda and his family.
    I am so sorry. The forum will not be the same.[p]Grillin' Bill[p][p]

• JJ,[p]My sympathies and condolences go out to the family and friends of our wonderful Webmaster. I recently lost my father-in-law after a long bout with cancer and it has been a difficult period. My prayers are with all those who held him dear and feel his profound loss.[p]Michael
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Bill,[p]You warm smile and dedication to the people who shared you passion for the BGE will never be equaled. Thanks for it all. You will be greatly missed by one and all.[p]Smokey
  • JJ,[p]This is truly a sad day for his family and a great loss to this web site. My prayers are with his wife and I hope if there was any trouble with other family members as with most families these days that this helps bring them a little closer together and builds a closer relationship with God.[p]We love and miss you Bill,[p]Carl D. Ward, Jr. (Elder Ward)

• JJ,
    I also am very upset to hear the news of Bill's passing. I never met him personally but I have talked to him on the phone and exchanged emails several times. I helped him when he set up the BGE Forum and later on he helped me several times. He really knew a lot about the scripts that run these forums. He will be missed.[p]Ray Basso

• I just received this tragic news, all BBQ'ers will miss him. My heartfelt sympathies to Brenda and the family.

• Brant
    Brant Posts: 82
    I don't know what to say. I have only met with Bill a couple of times, and emailed with him quite a bit, but I feel like I have just lost a life-long friend. It is because I know that I have. Bill, you will be missed more than I know how to express. Brenda, I am so sorry for your loss.[p]Brant
  • JJ, I guess the Lord needed a good webmaster--Our prayers are with Brenda and the family.
    yours in the egg forever--The Colonel
    Mike and Dee Colbert

• I'm stunned to learn of Bill's passing. We met just recently via Email to compare ideas on the script that runs this message board.
    Miss you already Bill.[p]Karl Shafer

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    JJ,
    I am saddened and for once speechless.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    Bill will be missed.[p]Michael French

• Ed G.
    Ed G. Posts: 24
    JJ,
    I'm so sorry to get this sad news, and evey sorrier that I never got a chance to meet him. He was the one who made this forum what it is! He will be greatly missed by all of us.[p]By prayers and condolences go out to his family, and those at Big Green Egg, that were so fortunate to have been able to have worked so closly with him.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    JJ:[p]I am sorry to hear of Brenda's loss. Bill's "silent presence" as webmaster will be missed on the forum.

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    JJ,
    Theres not much else to say except that although I never met Bill personally I feel like he was good friend. His dedication to this board and his generosity is legendary. I send my deepest sympathy to Brenda and the rest of his family. He will be missed by all.
    ChefRD

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    I just logged onto the forum and saw the many posts. There is really nothing that I can say except to extend my condolences to Bill's family. While many of us will surely miss his help and true desire to assist, I know they will miss him even more. God bless.
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    JJ,[p]We exchanged many emails and enjoyed the priviledge of meeting him and Brenda at EGGtoberfest. Our heartfelt condolences to the family. The Shadow will be missed.[p]Spin and MrsSpin

• JJ, I've never formally met Bill,, but I've been in the Atlanta store a few times so I may have seen him in there with the rest of the smiling friendly faces. But in our present world, the good ones will be missed, even by those who've never met them..

• I can't believe it. I am so sorry. Although we never met, we did exchange a few e-mails. What a wonderful man. My prayers are with him and his family.

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    JJ,
    I am so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. He will be greatly missed. [p]My deepest condolences to Brenda and the rest of Bill's fanily.[p]Pete Wilson[p]