Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I love it rare

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ANy advis would be appreciated. I really want to keep it medium rare. HOW ???

Comments

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    TUNA, TUNA TUNA,[p]Alton Brown seared tuna by filling a charcoal chimney with lump, letting it go nuke, setting a grid atop the chimney and searing the tuna loin maybe 30 seconds a side.[p]I just fill the chimney with what is in the egg, top with fresh lump, and set the chimney on the fire grate. Preheat the cook grid a little, oil the grid and you should be good to go.[p]hth[p]Big T

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    TUNA, TUNA TUNA,
    I did some Blackened Tuna last summer and it was Good!!!!!! Got the egg and my cast iron pan to about 475 / 500 put some blackening seasoning on the Tuna and then let it rip. A minute or 2 per side and then off it came. Looking forward to doing it again soon but next time a just a quick visit in the pan for Mr. Tuna.[p]PICT1991-2.jpg[p]PICT1994-2.jpg

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Retired RailRoader,
    Looks awesome, whjat else did you put in the pan ?
    Get the pan really hot, a dab of Oilve oil and flash fry on each side for about 30 Sceonds. I really want to grill the fish, help me here

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Put on a grill wok full of ABT's and remove daisy wheel top to increase temperature from 300° to ~400°. Go inside to prep tuna. Get sidetracked doing something else for 30 minutes or so. Remember the ABT's on the Egg with daisy wheel removed. Go outside to find flame shooting out of the dome. Run back inside and get flame resistant gloves. Open lid carefully. Not carefully enough (singed eyebrows, no real harm). Remove flaming pan of ABT's and set on spare grid. Remove grid, which, fortunately, is not flaming. Remove flaming drip pan and place on wet grass. Remove flaming plate setter and place on top of flaming drip pan. Endure howls of laughter from wife, brother and sister-in-law. Replace grid over nuclear temp coals. Place tuna on grid for about one minute per side. Voila! Seared tuna![p]The tuna was great and, believe it or not, the ABT's were actually edible and not too bad.[p]Link below is to the recipe. The wasabi dream sauce is to die for![p]All the best,
    Jim

[ul][li]Sesame & Pistachio Encrusted Tuna w/ Wasabi Dream Sauce[/ul]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,756
    Options
    TUNA, TUNA TUNA,
    i just sear for grill lines with this recipe, its important with tuna to serve immediatly and cut right into it, if it rests at all its still cooking. you can see the proportions of the recipe for spices, apple juice was the base for the glaze. i have another recipe that is better for overcooked tuna when you have guests that cant eat it rare. if you want it ill look for it but this one is really good.

[ul][li]tuna[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it