Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb direct or indirect?

Options
Steeler Fan
Steeler Fan Posts: 395
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just deboned a small leg of lamb about 2#. The leg started out at 6# but I took off a few steaks. Anyway, should I cook this little piece direct at about 400 degrees for about 10 minutes? What about indirect? Any help w/b appreciated. Side dishes are pierogies and creamy cucumber.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    100_1281.jpg
    <p />Steeler Fan,
    i trex them direct, very direct. raised grill after the rest : )

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Steeler Fan
    Options
    fishlessman, since my roast is so small, would you recommend that I Trex on the small egg and have the large stabilized at 325-350. Then let it roast for maybe a 1/2 hour or so?

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    2004_1230Image0013.jpg
    <p />Steeler Fan,
    i dont think it will go a whole half hour, i would cook it just like a trexed steak but drop the roasting temps down to maybe 325 for the lamb. i like lamb on the rare side of med rare. this one was less than 2 pounds, i coat in balsamic during the first rest and add most of my spice then instead of before the sear with lamb

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Steeler Fan
    Options
    fishlessman, Thanks, saves starting 2 eggs.
    Joe