Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anyone have a tested, good pizza dough recipe???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to use my own pizza dough recipe but not sure which to try. Why not ask the Eggsperts!!!!!!
Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    TimNga,
    if you like thin crust and whole weat i got the recipe for you that i have used now for a year.... i actually did 7 pies about 3 weeks ago!!
    pizza3.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    if you like what you see i can email you my recipe!!it is easy to make!!
    mike

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    TimNga,[p]This is the one I have used for many years. Always good for us and our guests.[p]Spin
    [ul][li]Spin's pizza dough[/ul]
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p] Would you send it to me please?

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    I would love a copy as well.
  • phreakingeek
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]
    I have to concure...[p]I used Mike's whole wheat recipe and the entire family loved the results. [p]
    definately a keeper
    thanks Mike!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    TimNga,
    i like spin's for thinner crust, this one for deep dish, still looking for a good pan pizza as we have some good greek pizza places in the area that make a great greasy pizza. havent figured out their dough yet or how to get the oil splatter crunch that i like so much on those pizzas, spraying oil on the crust doesnt seem to get it right.

[ul][li]deep dish crust[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    My favorite recipe for pizza dough involves me driving to my local Publix or Winn Dixie Supermarket....Going to their bakery....and asking for freshly-made pizza dough.....Then going home.....rolling and pounding the bujeezus out of it...and going from there.....Leave the dough to the experts I say.....[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    Please send me a copy as well or just post on the forum. Thanks, Tom

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    pizas2.jpg
    <p />TimNga,[p]pizza4.jpg[p]Here is a link to the dough I use for pizza, stromboli and garlic knots. I kake it in a bread machine on the dough cycle buy you can amke it by hand as well.[p]Chuck[p][p]
    [ul][li]Pizza Dough[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chuck,
    you may not be able type worth a damn, but you dough gets my vote for best around!!!

• mikeb6109
    Options
    DHall,
    guys check your emails i sent it out to everyone that wanted it hope its a success to all of you!!i works very good at my end and the results are always superb!!
    mike

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]Could you post the recipe? or is there a link?[p]
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    Herm,
    here it is did not think it would have been that popular cause of the whole weat that is why i had'nt posted it but here it is[p]ok here we go..... 1/4 cup warm water and 1 Tbs of yeast
    let stand 10 minutes.

then you add 1 cup of hotest tap water(just run hot water a few minutes)
    1/4 cup sugar
    2tbs of evoo
    then add whole weat flour t'ill ya get a nice managable dough do not add too much flour cause you will end up with a hard crust!! its easy to tell just go with the feel.
    then seperate in 3 balls .put them in very well sprayed bowls then just spray the balls well also!! (pam)cover let rise in a warm place for 1 hour no more then that!! then take them out, roll out into pizza size you want then you can let raise another 1 or so!! what i do is cut out parchement paper to size then i actually roll ou the crust with a rolling pin!! to carry them i just slide on a pizza plate to transfer to egg and then back in the house to serve!!

enjoy
    mike

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    hwat uyo siad.
    Seth

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    Thanks Mike...may be trying this one out for the superbowl this weekend.

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    I was wondering if you could e-mail me your recipe... I need help as far at temperature and set-up too! My wife and I are having a pizza party at our home in Mayf (looking to do about 14 pies maybe more :=). I cooked pizza on Monday.... first one was awesome second one the crust got burnt... same cook time. Any tips suggestions for cooking multiple pies appreciated.[p]Thanks, Pharmeggist

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]Thanks Mike!!!!

• Chuck
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks Max...I might have to do stromboli for you at Waldorf this year and at a ccompetition for Sydney.[p]That typing is embarrassing, thats what a new laptop, trying to do some CAD drawings, and reading the forum at the same time will do. Oh well. Have a great day Max.[p]Chuck
  • Mike,
    Please do!!
    Thanks,
    TimNga
    stout4me@bellsouth.net

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]Please send to my profile email address.[p]Thanks so much,[p]TRex
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]I would also appreciate a copy of that recipe!![p]Those are some fine looking pies!![p]Evans[p]Please us the addy in my profile![p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • AZ Traveler
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    Please send recipe to my address in profile. Thank you very much. AZ

• mikeb6109
    Options
    AZ Traveler ,
    ok no problem i have emailed everyone i beleive..plus i did post it also.so if i forgot someone let me know and i will email it to you.....but please do not forget to let me know the out come of you pizza results with my dough!!
    thanks mike

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Chuck, that looks SO good. And it just so happens we're having pizza tonight AND I have a bread machine in the garage, so I'm going to try your recipe for the crust.[p]Thanks,
    Gwen

• Chuck
    Options
    dimplesmom,[p]Good luck with the pizza. Let us hear how it turns out.[p]Chuck

• Ken Roach
    Options
    Spin,[p]I made up a batch of your New York style dough tonight and it was a hit with the family. Nice texture, good crispiness for thin pizzas. Thanks !
  • Gene613
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    How much flour do you use or do you not measure? Do you make your dough by hand or in a mixer? Just trying to figure out the best way to make it, plan on using it either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

• mikeb6109
    Options
    Gene613,
    i kneed by hand only it is a small batch only makes 3 thin crusts...so i had i'd say around 2 tp tree cups of floor i go by texture. normaly what you look for is a nice manageable dough but it does need to be dry!!! that is the secret.
    good luck everyone that has tried it never fails its a fool proof recipe i beleive!!
    mike

• Gene613
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    I will give it a try tonight then and let you know how it turns out. I will only be using it to make 2 pizza's though one for us adult type and one for the kids well I should say one for the OLDEST child who is picky, the other 2 only eat the toppings off the pizza and they wont eat pepperoni so it will be onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and what ever else we have!!! I will post and let you know how it turns out.

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Chuck, It turned out pretty good. I'm amazed that so many pizza recipes that are so similar in ingredients and quantities can taste so different from each other![p]Gwen