Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

looking for a homemade dipping sauce for ribs and wings.

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 10:38PM in EggHead Forum
well getting ready to cook for the superbowl and was thinking ribs and wings and probably a pulled pork!! but i would love to make my own bbq dipping sauce.so what better place to look then here.please send me what you got and will then choose a couple to serve this weekend!!
thanks mike
also looking to try pulled pork nachos....saw it the other night and man it looks to be really good stuff!!

·

Comments

• BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
    mikeb6109,[p]The following was published in the Times Picayune today as as park of the Super Bowl menu. I have not made it, but I have done root beer glaze for ham. I think it should work and I plan to try it this weekend. They said it goes well with pulled pork.[p]Root Beer Barbeque Sauce:[p]1 (2 liter) bottle root beer
    1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup yellow mustard
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon Tabasco
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter[p]In a large saucepan reduce root beer to 1 cup over medium heat. About 1 hour.[p]Add vinegar, ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, Worchestershire, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Stir well and simmer 20 minutes.[p]Finish with butter to give sauce extra body and flavor.

·
  • For a stronger beer taste...I would use a can or bottle of regular beer (without reducing it) with some sugar/molasses.[p]Thanks for the recipe....I"ll give it a whirl.

·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    BOBF,
    hmmmmmmmm sounds like a good one!!! definetly going to be on the try list!!!
    thanks mike

·