Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cowboy beans ala Dizzy Pig

The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My mom used to make some cowboy bbq beans that I really liked. So, I have taken to slicing/chopping/shredding leftover beef and tossing into a can or two of vegetarian baked beans for a meal or two. Sunday night I did strip roast with DP Raising The Steaks. Yum. Tonight I sliced the remaining piece real thin, dumped it into the beans, adding about 2 tsp of DP regular grind and man oh man was that good![p]TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    The Naked Whiz,
    I got a recipe from an 86 y.o. woman that I know for cowboy beans...if you want that recipe I'll be happy to share[p]P.s. I feel sorry for anyone w/in a 1/2 mile radius of anyone who eats "cowboy beans"

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Metalhead,
    Share the recipe, if you will. Whenever I think of cowboy beans I think of Blazing Saddles! Sounds like good food to me.

• Metalhead
    FatDog,
    1 can pork n beans
    1 can red kidney beans
    1 can white northern beans
    1 can baby lima beans
    1 can butter beans[p]1-1/2 cups diced onoin
    1-1/2 cups diced bell pepper
    2 lbs browned/drained ground beef
    1 cup BBQ sauce[p]Mix everything in crock pot/ or this case a dutch oven on the EGG, and simmer on low for 3 hours[p]watch out for this....man this recipe I love but it doesn't love me[p]good luck and enjoy

• Metalhead,
    I KNOW this will be a stupid question, but that is the knid I am best at asking, where is the Dizzy Pig in the recipe?

• Metalhead
    Rusty Rooster,
    of course you season well w/your favorite spices...the original post mentions a DP cowboy beas...and I just referenced an old timers recipe[p]sorry