Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking ribs and chicken together?

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm having my family over Sunday for dinner. I'm serving ribs, but since my step-sister very rarely eats red meat (although she did love the brisket I cooked for my brother's Super Bowl party), I'm also going to cook some chicken. I usually do ribs at 200-250 and chicken 300-350. Will I be able to cook them both at the same time? I'm thinking maybe I can do the ribs for three or four hours, then add the chicken. I can let the chicken get some smoke for an hour or so, take the ribs off and put them in foil, then kick up the temp for the chicken (I'll probably do thighs and breasts). Or maybe I should just cook the chicken Saturday and reheat it on Sunday. What would you do?[p]I'm sure the majority of the forum will be eating ham and/or lamb Sunday. Since I'm Jewish, I don't celebrate Easter. So my Jewish Easter dinner will be (pork!) ribs. :)

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Do the ribs, when finished wrap in foil place in a cooler with towels covering them and then do the chicken. Ribs will stay hot and will be ready to serve with the chicken.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    My Jewish brother swears that pork of any kind off the Egg is as close to Kosher as anything he's eaten! (He and his wife don't keep Kosher they depend on me, the Fallen Baptist, to see to their rigid dietary needs. ;>)