Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dear Forum

Options
randomegger
randomegger Posts: 194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have finally achieved a brisket that passes my Texan wife's inspection.[p]Thanks for all of your help! It's a proud, proud day for me, let me tell you.[p]RE

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    randomegger,[p] Congrats!! I sure hope your wife is not a KCBS Judge... :)[p]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    randomegger,[p]From an old briskateer to a new one, congratulations and welcome to the club! [p]Now for the bad news...cooking consistently good briskets is a journey not a destination. They will turn on you when you least expect it. LOL[p]~thirdeye~[p]PS .. Now that the judge is happy, it's your job to keep her that way.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • randomegger
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Oh, she's happy. Never even blinked an eye when I added the small and the mini to the family. It's just that I could never pull of a brisket that was as good as she remembered from her homeland. They remained elusive to me. [p]To be honest, brisket never 'did' that much for me but with a coating of DP Cowlick and some vidalia onion bbq sauce it was pretty tasty![p]RE
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    randomegger,
    Well, you gonna' tell us how you did it? :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • ArtieQ
    ArtieQ Posts: 65
    Options
    randomegger,[p]^^^^^^^PIC VIOLATION^^^^^^^^^^
    Drive by posting!!![p]You can't post that and not give us details or pictures!!![p]Congrats![p]I still haven't got it right!

• randomegger
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Just the usual butt over brisket cook - nothing fancy: a little DP Cowlick and some hickory chunks. In the past I always tried various marinades or dry rub concoctions; this time I just dusted it and slapped the bugger on the egg.[p]K.I.S.S. - as they say.[p]RE
  • randomegger
    Options
    ArtieQ,[p]Sorry, not techie enough to have one of them there photo storage websites and pasting that html code gunks up my monitor something fierce. [p]RE

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    randomegger,[p]Congratulations for achieving one of your lifetime goals.... those Texans can be real hard to please, I tell you what. Nice job!

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    randomegger,
    Congratulations. Nothing better than success to breed confidence. I did a brisket Saturday and the wife loved it. I thought is was just so-so. But then again, I'm from Texas.
    Congrats on you continued success. AZ