Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Taco Question

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think that for Super Bowl this year, I am doing a taco bar.
I am already planning Carne Adobadas from the recipe section.[p]For Chicken, I am probably just going to use a simple Lime and salt and quick grill it.[p]So, what about the shredded beef? Should I skip it and just serve beans instead or is there a killer recipe for Mexican shredded beef.[p]RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    RhumAndJerk,[p]I see you're located in the Atlanta area. A friend of mine from El Salvador turned me on to visiting the local Super Mercado Jalisco (near Plesant Hill Rd and Lawrenceville Hwy). You may have one closer to home. I simply order "fajitas preparados". They are thin slices of beef marinated in citrus, spices, fresh onion and cilantro. You can grill them in literally 2-3 minutes per side and slice them for wonderful soft tacos.[p]I could probably do a little better with my own marinades, but these are too easy and cheap to pass up.[p]Roudy

• RhumAndJerk,[p]i may be in the small minority...but our family loves the flavors of Baja. so, if i'm grilling meat for tacos...i'll pick up some fresh (preferably) or frozen Mahi-Mahi fillets and marinate in a combination of:[p]melted butter and olive oil whisked together
    add some soy sauce, room temp is best
    lime juice
    touch of garlic
    cilantro
    dash of habanero hot sauce (i use my home made...but any will do)
    fresh ground pepper[p]marinate for 15-30 minutes[p]depending on the thickness of the fillets...if approx 1" thick...grill about 3 minutes per side at 400 direct.
    I use a fish basket to make flipping easier...otherwise you may have half of it falling down on the lump.[p]The fish should shred nice and flaky as long as it's fully cooked. [p]Put that in some tortillas or shells and it'll be rockin.