Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

butt problem

What is the very best way to cook a Butt so as to ensure it'll fall off the bone and melt in your mouth?
·

Comments

• ribman,
    i've only done it twice, but try yellow mustard & dizzy pig dizzy dust, indirect at 230 grid for 2 hours a pound till 200 internal. these small butts took 9:30. no problem, mon.[p]27jan07-007.jpg[p]27jan07_2-002.jpg[p]27jan07_2-006.jpg[p]

·
  • MeinbmwMeinbmw Posts: 157
    ribman,[p]SCRATCH IT ... LOL, sorry, could not resist![p]1.5 year egger here and have gleaned a great deal of info from your fellow egger posters ... hang in there grasshopper.
    ·
  • ribman,
    Go to home page of BGE and click on recipe section, then go to Elder Ward Pulled Pork read it and follow instruction on cook, fire building, and sides. It is great.
    Good Luck
    Bobby-FTW,TX

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    ribman,
    cook it long enough....
    and slow enough.
    250 or so, figure 2 hours a pound. take it off the grid anywhere as low as 185 (make sure the bone pulls out eas) or to 205. figure 190-195 target though

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Dang Rick, that piece of bark is still there in the back. I just about had it out of my mind. My goal is for my next one to turn out that good. Have a nice evening, AZ

·