Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buying a rain cap

Options
Willie
Willie Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While we are in Myrtle Beach, we want to get a rain cap. Would someone please tell me what diameter the chimney is, my Egg is back home. Thanks. Willie[p][p][p][p][p]

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Willie,
    what size is your egg???

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Willie
    Willie Posts: 132
    Options
    BENTE,
    I have a medium size,and miss it like crazy. Willie

• Bucky Buckshot
    Options
    Willie,
    I have a raincap for my large BGE. It is a standard six inch cap. You can get them at any homecenter such as Lowes or Home Depot. It fits perfectly, snug but not tight so the wind will not effect it. Good luck, Bucky

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    Willie,[p]This weekend it was raining and I inverted my old chimney charcoal starter over the metal cap of the XL and then set a saucer on top of the chimney starter. Works in an emergency. I may have seen that idea on this forum earlier.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Bucky Buckshot,
    yea that's what i did it was 6 dollars. i have an large and a small so sorry i can't answer correctly i know someone has a medium. here is the pic of mine101_0351.jpg[p] best six dollars you will spend then you can do like me and walk through the grocery store and have everyone say "you are gonna grill in the rain"
    HTH
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Grillicious
    Options
    Bucky Buckshot, I bought a 7" diameter cap at Home Depot last weekend thinking the 6" might not fit over the handle. They are very bendable/shapeable, and once I got it home I realized the 6" would have worked. So I'm stuck with one a little oversized, but it works perfectly.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    IMG_1240.jpg
    <p />Willie,
    This is a 6" sitting on my large and I use that for my medium as well. Also be aware there are various shapes available. I'm kinda partial to this "coolie" hat shape as it really protects quite well. BTW remember these get
    S U P E R H O T

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gene613
    Gene613 Posts: 53
    Options
    Willie,
    I use a coffee can and it works great and already had one around.