Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Debate

Good EatsGood Eats Posts: 136
edited 5:05AM in EggHead Forum
I will make this short and sweet and I want all of you to be HONEST! My neighbor and I both have BGE's and at lunch today he came over to ask what I was cooking... I said a " Frozen Pizza " he said that if I were to post that I cooked a FROZEN PIZZA on my BGE on this board that I would be ridiculed, trashed and humiliated... come on now be HONEST with me... trash me, humiliate me or even ridicule me but be honest... have I forsaken thee... oh Big Green Egg?

·

Comments

• Good Eats,
    it's not delivery![p]got any photos?

·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Good Eats,
    Take the time to make your dough the day before.To me it is worth the wait(a Mc Donalds or a thick chuck burger on the Egg?) No contest!!

·
  • MadhatterMadhatter Posts: 139
    Good Eats,
    Nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time. Don't always have time to make them from scratch. I do take and bake ones on the Egg too.

·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    Good Eats,
    I am cool w/it....do you live near decatur ga? maybe you can bring me over a couple of slices...i got the beers

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Good Eats,
    Papa Murphys is pretty good on the egg as well.[p]Mike

·
  • GolfnutGolfnut Posts: 135
    Good Eats,
    You know those .99 Totinos pizza's. There pretty good smoked on the BGE...:-)

·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Good Eats,
    I like Red Barron 4 Cheese. I slice some white onion and dust with pizza seasoning for extra flavor. My egg will bake any kind of pizza.

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,
    you want to see a photo of a frozen pizza?

·
  • Good Eats,
    We actually prefer DiGiorno's frozen (Surpreme) to lots of pizza places around here. Cheaper and easier and a lot more fun than waiting for the delivery guy. It actually tastes totally different on the Egg than in the oven.[p]TonightsBGEPizza.jpg[p]A sprinkling of pepper or some other seasoning just improves it more.[p]Tell me that don't look good!!![p]Spring "Finger Licker" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • Spring Chicken,
    That---- looks good to me. AZ

·
  • RedBaronPizza2.jpg
    <p />Good Eats,
    Proudly Egg whatever floats your boat. Fresh, home grown, canned or frozen, it's all good.

·
  • Good Eats,
    I think they are good on the egg. I keep other things that are frozen as well, steaks, roasts, boston butts, briskets, ribs, chickens, cornish game hens, etccccc.......Makes sense to me It's called handy. AZ

·
  • BasementDwellingGeek ,
    Dang, that looks realllllly goood. AZ

·
  • AZ Traveler ,
    Red Baron Supreme frozen pizza. The bottom was "a little too brown"

·
  • AZ Traveler ,
    Yea! It's my $%&*@ computer. Went out just before Christmas and it's been haunted ever since. Does really strange things. I even reloaded Photobucket and tried again with the same results. I'll keep trying.[p]Spring "Not My Fault" Chicken

·
  • Frozen Chosen,
    no... i want to see several frozen pizzas! *L*

·
  • BasementDwellingGeek ,
    Thanks for the tip. I will get a few of those. Did you just follow the directions on the package? Thanks, AZ

·
  • Baby jBaby j Posts: 146
    Good Eats,
    Someone at this year's Eggtoberfest had uncooked pizzas from Papa John's and they were wonderful. Cook whatever you want.[p]baby j

·
  • AZ Traveler ,
    Good luck finding one. I've been unable to find them (the Supreme) locally for a while. They are produced by Schwans who also makes Freschetta. [p]I did cook according to the pakage directions, but they took longer to cook. Lurking here I think I realized that I di'n't have enough of a difuser between the fire and pizza stone which explains the blackend bottoms. [p]rb

·
  • Good Eats,
    I've cooked frozen pizzas on the egg. What's the big deal? :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • BasementDwellingGeek ,
    Thanks for the tip again. Now I'll just have to find the pizzas. AZ

·
  • ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    Good Eats,
    Got any left??????

·
  • UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
    Good Eats,
    If you like thin crust pizza, Freshetta makes an ultra thin crust pizza that is really good on the egg. I get the 4 cheese variety and then add my own toppings. It only takes a few minutes to cook at 500 degrees.

·
  • Good Eats,
    I cook California Kitchen thin crusts pizzas all the time.
    Sometimes add extra cheese or other toppings.

·
  • GolfnutGolfnut Posts: 135
    Good Eats,
    IMG_0893.jpg
    Another.
    IMG_0890.jpg

·
  • Baby jBaby j Posts: 146
    Good Eats,
    Another thing you might check into is this. Around here in Evansville, IN we have a couple of local pizza places, Turonis' and Deer Head, they have their pizzas frozen which you can take home and bake or egg.[p]baby j

·
  • BasementDwellingGeek , I also use Red Baron. Usually buy sausage and or pepperoni or both and dr. it with fresh chopped jalapeno and a little chopped onion and top it with couple handfulls o' mexican four cheeses. cook it on a slightly elevated wal-mart 12" stone at 500°, comes out perfect. Supreme probably has more stuff on it so maybe back off on the temp and cook a little longer. Ern

·