Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe for Carolina Treat BBQ Sauce.

Options
memphis egg
memphis egg Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a recipe similar to Carolina Treat BBQ Sauce out of Wilmington, NC.? I think it is a vinegar based sauce. I you have ever had it, you will never user the sugary tomato based sauces like they sell here in Memphis.

Comments

• Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Options
    memphisegg,[p]Check under the links section on the BGE web page. If I remember correctly, there are several Eastern NC style sauces listed under "The Lexington Collection" website.[p]Steve
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    memphisegg, try this one:[p]East Carolina Barbeque Sauce
    Submitted by: Jim
    Makes 3 cups [p]Prep Time: 10 Minutes
    Cook Time: 10 Minutes
    Average Rating: ***** Not yet rated

" This barbeque sauce is used for East Carolina pulled pork. It can be used as a marinade, or add a little corn starch and make it into a thick mop sauce or basting sauce. "

Ingredients
    2 cups cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons molasses
    1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar[p]Directions:
    1 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix cider vinegar, molasses, ground dry mustard, butter, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Cook and stir until all sugar has dissolved. Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil. [p]

[ul][li]Barbeque Site[/ul]