Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NEW? BBQ Pickle Bombs!

BGE Pit CrewBGE Pit Crew Posts: 149
edited 11:35AM in EggHead Forum
Hi ya'll![p]I had this crazy idea last night so I went to Publix and got my fixings. Get your favorite pickles (I used barrle style), make sure they are about the same size as a large jalapeno (you know where I'm going with this). Cut length wise in half and remove insides (be carefull not to break the skin). Now, this is just my first attempt so I went pretty basic. I used caned tuna and cream cheeze, mixed with salt/pepper and hot sauce (Louisiana hot sauce), mound in cavity of the pickles and wrap with partialy cooked bacon. Get EGG ready to 350-400, I used the grid extender with a drip pan, cooked for appx 45min or when the bacon gets nice and crispy. Let cool for a minute or two and enjoy. This is a knock-off of the ABT's, but they definitely have there own identity. Let me know what you all think? My first victim was my lovely wife and she loved them. Take care and Keep Smokin, Dana[p]Ps if someone else has already done this, just disregard.
·

Comments

• BGE Pit Crew,
    Hummmmm! DBT's (Dill Buffalo Turds). Gotta try those.[p]Thanks.[p]Spring "In A Flock All By Myself" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • Spring Chickien,[p]I like the name!
    ·
  • BGE Pit Crew,
    Then you'll love SBT's (Sweet Buffalo Turds). LOL[p]Spring "What's In A Name" Chicken

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    95bd6945.jpg
    <p />BGE Pit Crew,[p]Hmmm, grilling pickled stuff. That is something I have not thought of. I pickle all sorts of things from asparagus, green beans, peppers, onions, jalapenos...even cucumbers. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • thirdeye,[p]Now who in their right mind would EVER pickle a cucumber?[p]For heaven's sake....
    ·
  • schleyschley Posts: 35
    thirdeye,[p]where do you buy a fridge that stays that clean???
    ·
  • SuperDaveSuperDave Posts: 319
    thirdeye,
    Uh, Isn't a pickled cucumber a PICKLE?

·
  • I'll bet after eating a few of those and waiting a few hours, the term "Pickle Bombs" will take on a whole new meaning! :woohoo:
    ·
  • thirdeye,[p]I bet you could sell that stuff on ebay! Dana
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    schley,[p]That's my beer/pop/brining/curing/pickle storin' fridge.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • But that would be ANOTHER story. ;-)

·
  • Kelly Keefe,[p]Good thinking. I may have killed two birds with one pickle on this one :)

·
  • thirdeye,
    I got one of them. Works great, just a few steps from my egg. AZ

·