Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Menu

Options
Smoking Jacket
Smoking Jacket Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I are having a Super Bowl Party for about 30 people. I purchsed my egg last Saturday and have only cooked two meals to date (hamburgers & wings, and babyback ribs). I need suggestions on some appetizer type recipes for the party. I was thinking wings and maybe ABT's, but I have never had ABT's much less cooked them. From what I have read on the forum, you can stuff them with most anything. What's good?[p]For a party with 30 people..how many wings/ABT's do you suggest. How about other appetizers?

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    100-125 wing sections and 200 ABT's should put you in the ballpark. At our place, ABT's seem to disappear regardless of the ration of food to guests. :)[p]Good luck,
    Jim

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,[p] If you going to make ABT's for 30 people prepare them on Saturday and cook them Sunday. JSlot is right you will need a bunch of them. I made the mistake of bring some to work and now I get sad looks on Monday when I come in empty handed.[p] Words of caution: Wear Latex gloves and DO NOT scratch anything.
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Morning Smoking Jacket,
    I did Sandbagger's Stuffed Shrooms over the weekend.
    I substituted home made Canadian bacon for the Little Smokies & portobellos for large white mushrooms.
    A little DP Spin & a dash of salt and your good to go.
    Very simple & easy to make. Very tasty.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    AND cream cheese.
    Cheers

• JSlot,
    I must be out of the loop...what are ABT's?

• Smoking Jacket,[p]A couple of more appetizers would be some small meatballs smoked and then served up with your favorite sauce on toothpicks. Another one is Pig Candy and this is always a great hit.[p]Dave

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    That's the politically correct term for an hors d'ouvres that is affectionately called an Atomic Buffalo Turd. It's a stuffed jalapeno pepper wrapped with bacon. Most folks around here cut 'em in half lengthwise, seed 'em and stuff 'em with cream cheese + whatever strikes your fancy (i.e. pulled pork, crab meat, little smokies etc.) Check out TNW or WessB's website for more info.[p]Jim
  • egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    I think you should dive in head first and do a pork butt. Plan to have it off the egg a couple of hours before guests so you can cook other things like ABT's and shrooms and meatballs and...[p]Ed