Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Neopolitan Pizza Recipe

Options
Scott
Scott Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About a month ago, someone posted a Neopolitan pizza recipe using double zero flour. Does anybody have this recipe? I am trying to make it, and am now unable to find the post that I had originally seen. [p]Thanks.

Comments

• Scott,
    Not sure if the is it but, this guy Jeff Varasano has pizza on the brain. The proof is in his awesome web site dedicated to finding the truth of the perfect Pizza.[p]DJ

[ul][li]Jeff Varasano's Famous New York Pizza Recipe[/ul]
  • UnConundrum
    Options
    Scott,
    Not sure about the one you want, but 00 flour will work fine in my recipe that you can find here: www.recipesonrails.com

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Scott,
    I think neopolitan is ice cream. Napoletana or margarita pizza is best explained on jvpizza.sliceny.com, but if you want to keep it simpler, just top your dough by spreading some minced garlic on the crust, then lay on slices of fresh mozarella, diced fresh tomatoes, and a sprinkle on top of shredded mozarella and romano. After you pull the pie out, top it sparingly with fresh basil leaves. No sauce on this version.

• George
    George Posts: 86
    Options
    Scott, is this the one? Scroll down for PIZZA MARGHERITA NEAPOLETAN STYLE.

[ul][li]Neapoletan Pizza[/ul]
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Morning Scott,
    I followed ‘Jeff Varasano's Famous New York Pizza Recipe' and after grilling pizza for better than 5 years made what my wife & daughters said was the best I've ever made.
    A lot of work but well worth the effort.
    Cheers,
    bruce

[ul][li]http://jvpizza.sliceny.com/[/ul]
  • badbruce,
    I found Jeff's website a few weeks ago and it's what put me over the edge to finally buy a BGE, for the ceramics and high temps. Since a trip to Italy a few years ago, I've been craving the real thing and Jeff's sure looks like it. Which sourdough starter strain do you use? I can't wait to try my first one!

• omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    badbruce,
    I wonder ...
    Did you use the "starter" or make your own.
    It was not clear to me whether or not you made your own starter on Jeff's page.[p]Thanks in advance,
    Peter

• badbruce
    Options
    Hi alb,
    I bought the Original S.F. Sourdough Culture from Ed Wood's website www.sourdo.com.
    I originally was going to make bread. I got lazy & set the book on the shelf for a year.
    I've only made one batch but its the best pie I've ever made hands down.
    And it's worth the effort.
    Cheers & have fun.
    bruce

• badbruce
    Options
    Hi omba,
    I used the Original SF Sourdough Culture starter from www.sourdo.com and found the instructions/time tables to be right on the mark.
    I left the starter packet on the dinning room table for 10 days while I made my proofing box. It is supposed to be refrigerated but worked as advertised.
    Cheers,
    bruce