Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Jerky recipes???

Got a no-brainer can’t miss beef jerky recipe or link. I’ve never made any but want to give it a shot. Thanks!!!

·

Comments

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    jcs_hickory.jpg
    <p />1/2 Chicken,[p]Check out Hi Mountain Jerky Cure and Seasonings - you can't go wrong. You can sometimes find it at Bass Pro Shops and Sports Authority stores.[p]I prefer to use london broil cut into about 3/4" slices. Smoke them indirect at 225 or so until they are to your liking - it used to take me about 5-6 hours if I remember correctly. I used those perforated pizza pans on a double grid setup.[p]Others on this forum are much more versed in jerky and I'm sure they'll give you some good info including pics.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    [ul][li]Hi Mountain Web Site[/ul]
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,818
    1/2 Chicken,
    i think this ones in wiseones origional cook book. i remember the writeup there was more detailed on how he did it. look for the cookbook on the naked whizs site

[ul][li]gfw jerkey[/ul]
    ·
  • katmankatman Posts: 331
    1/2 Chicken,
    High Mountain Original is a foolproof way to start. When making jerky I try to keep the temp below 190 so the meat is drying instead of cooking. Last batch I used eye round. I think any lean cut will be okay.

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Katman,
    I made thier cajun flavored one this weekend, didn't care for the flavor. -RP

·
  • El JefeEl Jefe Posts: 96
    1/2 Chicken,
    Try the link below. I've done his Hot and Sweet before and it was fantastic. Good Luck!!

[ul][li]http://www.randyq.addr.com/jerky/jerky.htm[/ul]
    ·
  • TRex,[p]Gotta second this recommendation. Made jerky for the first time this weekend using the Hi Mountain dry cure and it turned out great. Very simple and tasty. I used the garlic and pepper. Can't wait to try the others.
    Smoked at 200 degrees for about 4 hours using cherry for smoke.

·
  • 1/2 Chicken,[p]Made jerky using this marinade and london broil. Eye of round works well too.[p]http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/appi/jerky.htm
    ·
  • Thanks for the links. Just ordered a couple packs of the Hi Mountain Original. Sounds like fun cooking.

·
  • PainterPainter Posts: 464
    1/2 Chicken,
    Here's another. Click on bottom of page for additional recipes.
    Bob

[ul][li]Jerky[/ul]
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC01456a.jpg
    <p />TRex,[p]You are so right.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Painter,
    I've used this recipe several times it is very good, everyone brags on it when I make it.

·
  • katmankatman Posts: 331
    AZRP,
    after going through one of their variety packs and some of the other products I've made the original blend, buckboard bacon and salmon brine keepers for my pantry.

·