Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which size to buy

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best size of the BGE should I buy? Are there advantages to buying the medium over the large?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Peter,
    The large gives you the most flexibility. And once you get involved, you will cook more on it than you could imagine. The medium is great, and you will get plenty of use out of it. But the large is mo betta.[p]I bought the medium first, and exchanged for a large. Now I have a small. Sometimes I still wish I had more space.[p]Welcome
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    MyBge_small.jpg
    <p />Peter, if you will be cooking for more than 2 people, or you plan on having frequent BBQ parties, the large would be a better choice than the medium. [p]I have a medium and it does everything (check out the link)that I need it to do. It starts fast, cooks long and burns lump slowly - but then so does the large. [p]Whichever one you get, you will have a great time and really good BBQ :~}

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Peter,
    I bought a large from the get-go and my buddy bought a medium...he wishes now he had gottenn the large. I also have a MIni which is fun but, I would like to have a medium some day...and I'll get one when my wife is ready! ;>)
    No matter what you end up buying you'll have more fun than you ever expected. Use the forum and ENJOY.[p]Carey

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Peter,[p] I only had a choice to buy a large in Toronto, looking at the other sizes now, I still would buy large. We have a large & mini & it is only the two of us, so the choice is yours.
    Whatever you buy,you will love it.
    If you are near Waldorf M.D, you can pick up a large at Eggfest, for a good price.[p]Earl

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Q%2520setup.jpg
    <p />Peter,
    As with Earl and Barb, we only have 2 to cook for most of the time but we have 2 large, 1 small and 1 mini. Your decision to make.

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Peter,
    I wouldn't believe any of these crackpots. They've obviously been spewing their expert advice too long. Play it safe....get 'em all! That way, you won't go wrong......
    .....just broke! Hah!
    Seriously, if as suggested---you entertain a bit, and there's more than just the 1 or 2 of you, and you would eventually like to make beef jerky, or big bunches of buffalo wings

Bigger is better....get the Large! Like me, you will get the best advice from all these characters, right here on the Forum....welcome amigo!
  • FrankG
    FrankG Posts: 32
    Options
    Peter,definately buy the large. I went cheep and bought the medium but definately would rather oenthe large.