Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KCBS Teams of the Year

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Congratulations to Mike Davis of Lotta Bull, who is a friend of the EGG, for being first in the team of the year and to Mike Wozniak of Bar B Quau, who has an EGG as part of his cook kit, for being second only by a tie breaker to Mike. Bad Byron from Butt Rub, who also has EGGs as part of his cook kit, was the third overall.[p]It's awesome to know how good these guys are and they all have varying interest in the EGG. Whta's even better is knowing that some of our own go toe to toe with these guys.[p]A few of our very own all EGG teams did awesome this year.I haven't scoured every category for everybody yet, but so far I have....[p]Dizzy Pig tied for 16th overall with 43 points (Awesome job guys)
Below them with 19 points was our own Dr. BBQ, Bonesmokers
Close behing him was the Grilling Room, Our beloved Squeeze and Tony, with 10 points in the overall category.[p]In Chickem:
Popa Sam and Diane got 10 points and tied with Jack's Old South, Woot Woot!! Old Tavern (the Wimers got 8 points), The Grilling Room got 4, and the Free Range guys got 4 also.[p]In Ribs:
Diizy Pig got 22 points
Free Range had 12 points
Dr. BBQ had 10 points[p]In Pork:
Dizzy Pig had 19 points
Right on their heels was Team Bobby-Q with 15 points(coming to get you guys...lol)
Big Green Eggs and Ham had 12 points (Excellent Job Dan)
Dr. BBQ had 10 points[p]In Brisket:
Dizzy Pig had 23 points and finished ahead of some serious dudes
Free Range had 5 points
Big Green Eggs and Ham had 3 points[p]So the moral of the story is The Big Green Eggs rocks in the competition world.[p]Keep your Eyes open, I have a feeling you're going to be seeing a lot more of Big Green Egg this year on the competition circuit!!![p]

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Thanks for the update.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p] I know og at least 4. Mine :)
  • Love Handles
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Man, thats great. I sure enjoy using all my eggs and so do my friends. Our motorcycle group won a biker chili cookoff yesterday, and there was a lot of talk from the guys about finding some kind of BBQ competition to enter. Anyone know of any competitions out here around Arizona?--See-Yaa

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    Check this out. -RP

[ul][li]AZ BBQ[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thanks Bobby, and thanks to yall at BGE for all the support you have provided to us. We'll try and do yall proud again this year, though I'm always nervous that it will continue getting tougher to win out there. One thing fo sho, we'll give it our best. I got Kenny, Chuck, Woo and Tony on hand...and them dudes aint too shabby![p]One thing I tend to wonder, is where might we be in the overall standings if we could do close to 30-40 contests a year like the top few teams. I don't dwell on it, mind you, just crosses my mind sometimes :-)[p]Much appreciate, dude, and congrats to all the egg teams as well as the winners of the TOY Awards. And to you for all them big pork points! We'll be lookin over our shoulder for BobbyQ (ooo, a pun!)...huhuh, He said shoulder.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Chris,[p]Congrats on a great season. I, like you, wonder where we would end up if we had the time to be able to cook 30ish contests a year. I'm proud of where we were this year in the individuals, 21st chicken (21 points) and 29th ribs (20 points) and 3-4 points each in brisket and pork. But, unfortunately the day job keeps me busy and is necessary as it pays the bills for the weekend fun. So, I guess we'll just keep plugging away at it once a month or so and enjoy ourselves. Not a better way to spend a weekend if you ask me.[p]Congrats again, you guys had a great year. Looking forward to hooking up sometime along the cook circuit. Good luck in '07.[p]Troy
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Bobby-Q,Thanks for all the help from you, all the Egg Folks, and all the Eggheads here. Just a few years ago we were about the only one around the south showing up with just Eggs to cook on. That has changed because the Eggs have shown what they can do. Now at most contests they are several teams using Eggs and several total Egg Teams. [p]As I looked through we were listed two different ways. Don,t know if we would have done any better but we will try to make sure to get them all on the same name this year. We are looking forward to doing a few more KCBS contests this year along with some FBA and MBA. We hope our game plan keeps coming together and we will win a grand at a sanctioned contest.[p]Let me say that for all here if you run into us at a contest you are welcome to stop in and visit. If we are in a rushed time frame we'll give you a word ,a seat, and a cold drink till we can get free to visit.[p]Here's wishing all the Egg Teams a Great Year. Hoping that we all make that one little contest in Tenn. May we all have a great time and a lot of fun.[p]Good Eggin' to All'
    Ms.Diane and Poppasam (Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew)

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    WEll put Bobby, congrats to all the teams that were in the listing. The Grilling Room also Had 10 Points for Pork which would add another to that listing. We are looking for a lot more this year. Now if we could only do 30 of these a year......

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    sprinter,
    You should be proud. And, yeah, I guess the "what if" syndrrome comes on real easy for anyone who has caught the competitive bug![p]Dude, one of these days soon, we'll hook up. We rolled through your town about 5am last year on the way to the Royal, and were SO close to giving you a call to meet us for breffus. But it didn't work out. I guess when it finally happens it's gonnas be special.[p]Beers ma fraind, and congrats to yall on a fine year!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Eggers out west gathered up a few points as well.[p]Smoke Patrol tallied 6 points in brisket and 2 points in shoulder in our "rookie" season. [p]

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on their fine showing last season. I hope to see more of you guys out there on the circuit this year!![p]Jim
  • The Virginian
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Cool! Thanks for putting that up Bobby. Looking forward to an even more point-filled 2007! [p]Brett
    FRBBQ

• The Virginian
    Options
    JSlot,
    That's great news, Jim. You coming north of the NC/VA border this year? [p]Brett