Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Did the Oil trick on some steaks and it worked

RedneckRedneck Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had some left over steaks that I need to cook, so I tried the Oil marinade just to sse if it would work. Because I had eaten some of these steaks before hand, I knew the steaks were on the TUFF side. I rubbed each steak in a generous sprinkling of Olive Oil, coated each side with some Montreal Steak seasoning and wapped each in individualy in clear wrap. Then I tossed them in the fridge for the week. At the end of the 7 day wating period, I took them outside to unwrap( still not a beliver). To my supprise I found the steaks to be OK...no smell or turning green. I then heated the BGE up, seared each side, cooked about 3 mins per side and dwelled for 2mins. [p]What I found was the steaks were now very tender...actually falling apart( maybe the because of the week age). Anyway for what ever reason...oil or not it did work.[p]Redneck

Comments