Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chop ideas??

Options
SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're fixin' to get snowed in for the weekend, and I'm trying to plan a menu including the egg for dinner Saturday night with guests.
I've got a family size pack of thin cut pork chops and was curious if anyone had any special ideas for them.
I always pan fried them or fast grilled them on the egg, but wanted something a little fancier, or better tasting. [p] Any ideas? Thanks for you thoughts.
Stay warm!

Comments

• SuperDave ,
    Try laying down a layer of green onions on the grill, then the pork chops (with a little garlic salt and pepper) on top of them. The onions add a nice flavor and aroma, and help keep the chops moist.

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    SuperDave ,
    Why not try to low & slow those chops. Try to smoke at about 225 for an hour and a half. Slap your favorite BBQ sauce on the chops the last 10/15 minutes. I usually buy thick chops so this is just wild guess. Good luck, Tom

• SuperDave,
    those thin chops will soak up a jerk marinade like a sponge and with some dizzy pig jamaican firewalk, they'll melt your snow and your problems away, mon![p]you might think about using two chops tied together to simulate one thick chop and stuff them. i can't help you with the stuffing, but i'm sure others could.[p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    smokedpc1.jpg
    <p />Bajatom,
    You are right, if cooked correctly, they come out nice and juicy with a nice hint of smoke.[p]Mike

• SuperDave,[p]Last time I made chops, I glazed them in a mixture of (real) maple syrup and dijon mustard. My buddy recommended it to me, and it was quite delicious, if you're into those kinds of flavors.

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Are you Jamaican? You suggest jerk marinade for everything.[p]Not that there's anything wrong with that!

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas.... they all sound good, so I think i'll present these ideas to the guests, and let them decide, or we'll just use them all![p]Eggheads Rule!

• irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    try stuffing them with some stewed cooking apple with a little apple brandy or calvados added for a kick.
    You could also try serving them with apple fritters, slices of apple dipped in batter (made with ice cold sparkling water, flour and egg) and deep fried until golden. Dry on kitchen paper and sprinkle with cinnamon and fine sugar.
    roger

• SuperDave ,[p]Dr BBQ has a recipe in his book for Peachy Stuffed Pork Chops. It is for thick chops, but don't knnow why you could not put the stuffing between two thin chops and 'pin' the edges together (bamboo shewers?. It uses dried peaches, chopped pecans and jalapenos for the stuffing. It is great, and I used dried apricots instead ... and also had some Rocky Mountain Apricot Sauce which was a real bonus! Ths recipe is easy and it is special!
    Tom B (EggSport)