Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket recipe needed

Options
Dean
Dean Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to cook a brisket (which I haven't done before), and need a recipe. I hesitate to use the recipe's in the book, yet the fancy recipe on the recipe page is a bit above my level. I'd like a nice tender brisket out of this.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dean, simply apply a rub of your choice, or salt and pepper, grill fat side up, (direct or indirect, and I prefer indirect over a firebarrier) @225F degree's dome temperature, till the internal temperature reaches 190F degrees..fork test, and if you can tear it, remove, foil wrap for 15 minutes, carve against the grain and enjoy..Sometimes it takes 200F internal on the thickest part to reach the tenderness you want.
    Easy to do. You can push the temp up to 275 to 300 the last hour or so to rush it.
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Dean,
    Here is a link to a recipe that I like. One thing I have found though, is that the brisket is so full of flavor, that pretty much anything you do will be good, as long as you allow plenty of time. From a nice marinade to a simple rub, the flavor of the meat itself is what shines with a brisket.[p]I like 250 dome temp over a drip pan. Fork test at 185 internal. Every chunk-o-chest is different, but somewhere about 2 hours a pound...even though a 4 pound flat can easily take over 10 hours. It is not uncommon for an 8-10 pounder to take over 20 hours.[p]As long as you allow plenty of time, you will be pleased. Prepare yourself for a multi hour stall...usually when your internal temp is 155-165. [p]Keep us posted on your results. It is one of my favorite cooks.
    Cheers!
    NB

[ul][li]One idea[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ