Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this a Deal

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my Egg in MN. It was a Floor Model. IT had a few small scratches on the outside glaze and was discounted to $599.00 with the egg Basket stand and two side tables included. I have used it twice and so far the only thing wrong with it besides the minor scratches is a busted Thermometer and it did not come with a screen on the bottom vent. With the minor problems I feel Overall that I got a deal. I would have purchased the medium if I didn't stumble across this deal.

Comments

• fonchik
    fonchik Posts: 92
    Options
    Incubus6,
    Where in MN did you get the Egg? I am looking for a second one and would love to get a deal. I live in Minneapolis and travel is not an issue to get an Egg. What size did you get? If it is a large that is a good deal, provided it has the daisy wheel and ash tool.[p]--Linnea

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Incubus6,
    Yes, that is a deal!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Are your comfortable with the amount of money that you spent? Are you getting great results from the product? If you answered yes....then you got a great deal! Why bother to ask now? It's yours and you're enjoying it. Like they said in the movie "The Godfather"...and it's favorite line of mine...."What's done is done".....[p]Enjoy it and stop worrying......[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Incubus6,[p]I think that package cost me about $749 several years ago.

• Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    fonchik,
    Holy chicken wings BAT MAN ... there are other EGGERS in this frozen tundra we call Minnesota.[p]Greetings from Rochester ..... go Timberwolves!!

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    Incubus6,
    I bought my dad a large for his birthday this past nov. from my local dealer that was trying to sell the last one for a winter closeout i guess. I paid 549 for egg and basic tools. Had to buy a nest for it so i paid about what you did overall.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Incubus6,
    I'd say you lucked out scratches or not. The MSRP for the large BGE is $699. That's as shipped with the thermometer and daisey wheel, but no nest! SOME dealers may debundle and jack around the price. Of course the newer ones also have the vent screen now (a $10 item), but seeing what all you got then you did quite well. Besides like Mac said what's done is done - just look forward to years of great cooks!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fonchik
    fonchik Posts: 92
    Options
    meinbmw,
    Yes there are other Eggers up here in the tundra.
    I got my Egg the middle of September when I bought my house and I love it more than the house (I like the house but not love).
    I have not run into too many other Eggers on here from MN.
    I did have PhotoEgg over a couple of weekends ago when he was in town from Houston and it was sure nice to have some who understands the cult and not think you are weird taking photos of your food before during and after cooking it.[p]Go Wild!!
    --Linnea