Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PUERCO ADOBO..I'm flattered

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the props re: Puerco Adobo---this one is the sleeper we all need to be able to pull out when you need something simple, fairly quick, and is guaranteed to please. Love hearing that some of you have tried it. Can't say it's totally original or indigenous to New Mexico....but baby it works!! Have a great weekend everyone...and many thanks to everyone who coached me through and to a fabulous Baby Back Ribfest Friday night----nothing but raves as she/it fell off the bone. Hooah!

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Big Murth,
    I've been wanting to try your Puerco Adobo but here in the east I can't find a jar of jalapeno peppers ( I assume in some sort of liquid) Our northeastern stores aren't quite up to speed when it come to what our southwestern brothers enjoy. I do however have a can of chipotles in a tomato and onion sauce. I'm hoping that will do? I usually like to follow instructions as closely as possible the first time then play.
    Thanks
    Carey

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    Sundown,Look in your Mexican food section. Ole Elpasso (sp) makes a jar of slicced jalapeno that should work nicely.