Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger stuffed w/ Brie

Options
Steeler Fan
Steeler Fan Posts: 395
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've looked in the archives and can't find this recipe. I'm assuming you just push your thumb in the burger stuff a piece of Brie in there , re-shape and away we go. Any ideas?

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Steeler Fan,[p]Try making two thin patties, top one with your filling leaving some room around the edge, add the second patty and press seal the edge.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Steeler Fan
    Options
    thirdeye, great idea. Thanks,[p]Joe

• Steeler Fan,[p]This is essentially what we call up in Minnesota a "Jucy Lucy", although brie is a classier filling than the traditional processed cheese. I just made them the other night! Somehow it's way better than a traditional cheeseburger - I think it has something to do with the molten cheese contributing to the juicyness and cookin the burger extra fast so there's no drying out of the meat as it cooks. Variations are endless, but my favorite is adding some diced jalapenos to the center. Mmmmmmmmn![p]Jucy Lucy
  • EGGOMANIAC
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]This also works with bleu cheese. [p]I also saw Martha Stewie "thumb down" a double pat of butter in the center!