Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A 3 cook day on the Egg

Options
Flashback Bob
Flashback Bob Posts: 519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had to do some cooking today to make some pre-leftovers (leaves me with easy meals to heat up during the week).[p]I'll spare you the blow-by-blow, but I was busy today with 10 chicken thighs, the Lamb Loin (I asked about yesterday) and I ended with a Pizza - assisted by my own "Giada"
Pizza-1.jpg
She likes to make pizza. I toss the dough but after that I'm just the Project Manager. She does the heavy lifting.[p]Pizza-2.jpg
Ready to go and don't you know it- I can't get up to 650, I need more lump!
Pizza-3.jpg
Dad added the lump and soon we're back in action. I think it sat on the peal too long as it didn't want to get on the Egg. when I finally did the transfer I almost overshot the stone and I ruined the symmetry she had meticulously tried to achieve.
In the end, the Pizza came out great!
Pizza-4.jpg[p]Lesson learned today - when making Pizza, always don't use the mozzarella that's been sitting in the fridge for the past month. The Pizza is only as good as it's weakest ingredient. But I was the only one who noticed!

Comments

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    What a wonderful post. It is so great words can't describe it. What great help you have. Enjoy, AZ

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Flashback Bob,[p]Toooo Cute!!! She is quite photogenic![p]oh..nice pizza too. :)
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    very nice. did you make your own crust? if so can you give me some hints? i have been trying to come up with a good pizza crust recipe but so far i hace failed.

• SmokeyBear
    Options
    There is NOTHING as fun as a Daughter/Daddy event!!

My little girl is going to stay with grandparents tomorrow through Thursday. I don't know how we'll stand being without her.
  • Flashback Bob
    Options
    ugavet,
    I bought the pizza dough from a local (sicilian) Pizza place. A friend of mine buys them from Bertucci's (local chain) all the time.[p] The crust was EXCELLENT, but unfortunately I can't help you out with the recipe.

• Flashback Bob
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    Glad you enjoyed it. The Egg has turned her into a voracious carnivore so I thought she should make an appearance.

• Flashback Bob
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Thanks! I really enjoy the Pics you post with your family and pets from the "Arctic", so I'm trying to follow in the big footsteps!

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    ugavet,
    Try this one.[p]3/4 cup 100 degree water
    4 tsp sugar
    1 tsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp instant yeast
    2 cups bread flour[p]Mix everything together and knead at the lowest speed, with the dough hook, in your KA mixer for 15 minutes. If you don't have a KA mixer, get one. The dough should be fairly sticky. Form it into a ball and put it into a ziplock bag and fold the open end under the ball to seal it, don't zip, and set it on the counter for an hour, until it doubles in size. Deflate the dough and put it in the fridge, same open end of bag under the dough, for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight. Makes great crust. -RP

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    Such a nice posting...makes this forum the greatness that it is. Good luck with the cheese next time, he he.
    Thanks,
    Clay