Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

A 3 cook day on the Egg

Flashback BobFlashback Bob Posts: 518
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had to do some cooking today to make some pre-leftovers (leaves me with easy meals to heat up during the week).[p]I'll spare you the blow-by-blow, but I was busy today with 10 chicken thighs, the Lamb Loin (I asked about yesterday) and I ended with a Pizza - assisted by my own "Giada"
Pizza-1.jpg
She likes to make pizza. I toss the dough but after that I'm just the Project Manager. She does the heavy lifting.[p]Pizza-2.jpg
Ready to go and don't you know it- I can't get up to 650, I need more lump!
Pizza-3.jpg
Dad added the lump and soon we're back in action. I think it sat on the peal too long as it didn't want to get on the Egg. when I finally did the transfer I almost overshot the stone and I ruined the symmetry she had meticulously tried to achieve.
In the end, the Pizza came out great!
Pizza-4.jpg[p]Lesson learned today - when making Pizza, always don't use the mozzarella that's been sitting in the fridge for the past month. The Pizza is only as good as it's weakest ingredient. But I was the only one who noticed!

Comments