Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Back Ribs Question

TheStormyDOgTheStormyDOg Posts: 104
edited 2:28PM in EggHead Forum
My wife picked up some beef grilling back ribs, these things are absolutely huge... anyway I have never done these on the egg and am looking for some guidance as to times and temps. Do I use that traditional 3-1-1 method or do people just grill em low and slow indirect??
Thanks for you help
Stormy

·

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    ebfe4a12.jpg
    <p />TheStormyDog,
    Treat them just like pork ribs. I don't use the 311 method because I'm lazy. Low and slow for 5 to 6 hours at 225/235. These are some beef short ribs I did a while back Good luck, Tom

·
  • 1jan07-016.jpg
    <p />TheStormyDog,[p]here's some a did awhile back...
    thirdeye has the method:

[ul][li]beef ribs by thirdeye[/ul]
    ·
  • Bajatom,[p]Curious.....does the pic show a true setup or is it the pic only? Reason I ask is when I slow cook I try to keep the meat inside of the plate setter so nothing drys out as there just too much heat coming up the sides at dome temp of 250 desgrees.[p]Howard

·
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    3e9e789e.jpg
    <p />Howard,
    I try to keep the meat from open areas but sometimes there is not enough space. I recall I cooked these bone down so the extra heat did not really affect the ribs. Whe I do 5 or 6 racks of St Louis style ribs I foil the end so they don't burn. Good luck, Tom

·
  • Bajatom,[p]If you don't mind me asking - where did you get the thermometer sitting there in the front?[p]Thanks![p]
    - Mike

·