Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

-1 is COLD - but Da Egg Be Hot !

Options
Green_Giant
Green_Giant Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cold weekend here in Denver, with the forcast being in the single digits with light snow all the way until Tuesday. Football on the tube, and lots of unpacking to do....Can you say Optimal Egging Conditions!?![p]Just about froze at 6:30 am getting the egg ready in -1 degrees, but now 5 lbs of chuck steaks are smoking away at 250 indirect. Can't wait to pull that tonight for the 6:00 pm Saints game. [p]Go Saints ! :-) Dickson

Comments

• Green_Giant,
    Superior, Co egger here!
    -3, conditions are perfect for pork but tonight...let's put the BBQ guru to the test..
    will post results tomorrow

• ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    Options
    Green_Giant,[p]Yep. The only problem I have had recently was on
    Tuesday. My large egg had frozen shut. I had to
    light it through the top and wait for it to get
    up to 400 degrees before the gasket unfroze.[p]I may still join you outside this weekend in the
    below zero temps. I have not decided what to cook
    today.

• Green_Giant
    Options
    Likefre,
    Stay warm, my CO brother. I'm a recent, Katrina-related transplant. Even with cold and snowy temps, I really like it here. [p]Hope your PP is a success. [p]My Pulled Beef turned out really well. 6 hrs at 250 indirect, then foiled with maple syrup at 275-300 for another 6 hrs. All fat rendered, tender, and juicy. Paired with some oven roasted vegetables and an avocado and tomato salad. YUM. [p]I'm going to go hold down that couch now..... :) Dickson