Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The BGE has landed

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After many moons of anticipation and two trips to the UPS customer pickup location, I finally have a mini BGE. Yes, I am now Multieggfed! Heeeeeeee!!! I stopped by UPS on the way home from a staff meeting and picked up the box containing my replacement firebox and ring. You cannot imagine how much packing material was used to ensure the safe arrival of these items. These things were packed so well that an elephant could have stepped on the box, then performed a quick tap dance, as elephants so often do, and the box would still have been fine. And knowing UPS, this probably did happen...[p]Anyway, everything is here and I'll be firing it up within the hour. Bought some wings, some sausages, and a pork loin. Tonight, I'll probably do a few wings and a couple burgers (from Finger Lickin' Tom) as an innaugeral cook.[p]Happy Friday,
Cornfed

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed,[p]Forgot to mention, hats off to Hal from Halco grills for the fine packing job and helping to complete this order. I was a pain in the you-know-where with my complaints when I picked up the broken mini, and he tolerated it and came through with the goods.[p]Cornfed
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Cornfed, I'ts going to be a long night for ya cookin and a grinnin. Enjoy the new addition. Good weekend to ya
    Painter

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cornfed, congrat's...I am still waiting patiently and haven't bugged Hal at HalcoGrill. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best..BTWm if the gods prevail and I am on the winner list of bids..a Nikon 950 digi camera could roll in next week. 2 hrs and 45 minutes to go..heeeeyaaaa
    ("Life is a house fulla toy's")
    :-)
    See Dub Ya...thas me-
    "Char-Woody"[p]

• Cornfed
    Char-Woody,[p]I didn't bother Hal either and simply waited after he said he was taking care of it. If your stuff is packed anything like mine, it would take a nuclear blast to hurt the goods.[p]Good luck on the camera. I really want one of those. When I buy gadgets, I often try and go "top shelf" and get the coolest one available. I gotta say, though, that $30 (or was it $40) digi cam someone mentioned the other day definitely interests me. I want a good digi cam, but don't want to buy one right now since I've been spending too much money lately. For $40, though, how could you go wrong?[p]Good luck on the camera and the mini.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Cornfed,
    You will like the Mini, I use mine about 3 times per week either alone or in conjuncton with my others.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Cornfed, Congrats on the mini. I picked mine up a few days ago haven't had the pleasure of cooking on it yet but will give it a try soon.[p]CWM

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Cornfed,
    My God Cornfed, this anticipation was as bad as "Who shot J.R."[p]Glad it arrived in tact.[p]Good cookin to ya.[p]Mick

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Cornfed,[p]I am getting to the point where I may start wishing for a mini. Stop it. I am not sure why with a small and a large I would "need" "want" or "use" a mini. The fact JJ says he uses one 3 times a week gives me pause. Am I missing something? I may have to start hoping for the mini at Eggfest2001 (door prise) - sorry Char-Buddy![p]Tim - minieggless
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Tim M,
    The Chimnea is mine. Just remember that.
    And congrats on the addition, MultiEggfed!
    Go Terps.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Nature Boy,
    Too late! The chiminea is already sitting on my deck.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    JJ,
    Yeah. The one I am gonna win looks just like it. In fact, the patio set and porch swing we just purchased is green, and we already have a spot on the patio picked out for my new chiminea.[p]Mine![p]Cheers. Go Terps.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed,[p]I, too, received my replacement ring and bottom grate. My heart hit the floor when I saw the condition of the box. But, like yours, they survived due to the massive packing in bubble pack. So, tonight, we will be firing up our first cook on a green egg. [p]