Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

heating ribs?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did some ribs a while back and vacume sealed them. What would be the best way to heat them up? Boil them in the bag? Thanks.

Comments

• egg-cuseme,[p]I usually just wrap them tightly in foil with a few spinkles of water or apple juice. Then just warm them in the oven at around 250°F. I'd be interested to hear how others reheat their ribs too.[p]-Big Green Egghead
  • uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    Options
    egg-cuseme,
    I just reheated some vacuum-sealed ribs last weekend. We put them in boiling water for about 8-9 minutes and they were great. They tasted just like they usually do just off the egg.

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    egg-cuseme,
    I place them in the micowave covered with a wet paper towel.[p]Whether it be day old doughnuts or most anything, the wet paper towel is the secret.

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    egg-cuseme,
    I use the boil in bag method for us. The water cannot get too hot and scorch the rib sauce or dry them out as it never gets over 212 degrees. They taste just like fresh made to me and its a very easy way to reheat with no mess. :)
    HTH,
    ron.