Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Chimenea Question

Options
Slap-Yo-Mama
Slap-Yo-Mama Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does the insulating properties of ceramic work against you when using the BGE chimenea? I have been thinking about getting one for the backyard to go with my large. Anyone have experience withthem? Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• Apple
    Apple Posts: 49
    Options
    Slap-Yo-Mama, We have had one for several years. I don't use it alot because we also have a big fire pit which tends to get more use. However, I can say that when the chimenea heats up it puts out a suprising amount of heat. I also use it as a grill by removing the chimney and putting a grill grate over the hole. Works pretty well. When using as intended, I always fit a round piece of screen between the lower chamber and the chimney to act as a spark arrestor. I guess the bottom line is I've never regretted the purchase. Hope that helps. Steve.

• infredible
    Options
    On the Chimenea ...
    I live in Pennsylvania. New egger using it on my deck ... many nights a week ... thinking I need something to keep me warm while cooking ...can you use one of these on an un-covered deck and will they do the job in winter ??

Thanks for the great forum .

Got my Egg for Christmas ...
    so far ..
    Pizza
    Steaks 3 times
    Pork Shoulder .. 19 hour cook overnight in the rain ..perfect.
    baby backs once
    spare ribs once.
    doing ABT's tomorrow
    Bread on Saturday
    Ribs on Sunday.
    I'm having a blast ...my neighbors , (downwind I might add) are vegans and they are probably freaking out!
  • infredible
    Options
    On the Chimenea ...
    I live in Pennsylvania. New egger using it on my deck ... many nights a week ... thinking I need something to keep me warm while cooking ...can you use one of these on an un-covered deck and will they do the job in winter ??

Thanks for the great forum .

Got my Egg for Christmas ...
    so far ..
    Pizza
    Steaks 3 times
    Pork Shoulder .. 19 hour cook overnight in the rain ..perfect.
    baby backs once
    spare ribs once.
    doing ABT's tomorrow
    Bread on Saturday
    Ribs on Sunday.
    I'm having a blast ...my neighbors , (downwind I might add) are vegans and they are probably freaking out!