Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long have you had your egg?

Options
13»

Comments

• luis,[p]Let's see. I won mine at Eggoberfest '06. How do I start that lump coal again????[p]Kim
  • luis,
    Have ours for about 3.5 years. Was actually thinking of purchasing a K, when a very gracious and generous client sent over large BGG. We never looked back. Besides, dropping two platesetters and one ceramic top nothing has ever broken.
    We used to cook a lot of steaks, so we have gone thru a few gaskets.
    We live in Miami Beach and have a little rust on one bolt.
    We love it.

• I picked up my first egg (komado)from Ed Fisher at Pachinko House at the corner of of Dresdon and Clairmont Rd, Atlanta GA, in 1978. I was only 18 and had no idea what a great cooker this was. It is still a great product.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    IMG_1208.jpg
    <p />Green egg Dan,
    "Pachinko"
    "Pachinko"
    "Pachinko"
    Do you still have yours? I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Parrothead
    Options
    luis,
    Geez, it sure doesn't seem that long ago...it seems like yesterday...in the backyard fryin' up simple burgers and dogs on a rusty ol gasser, sippin' on a wobbly pop. Then...BAM, I'm blinded by a bright green light beamin' down from heaven, and loud voice says to me "Young Parrothead...Come to the green side...throw away those burnt discs and dry chicken...come EGGsperience some real eats!!!" I picked myself up off the ground thinking I had consumed too many wobblies, and it was my buddy backing his truck into back yard to show me his latest purchase.
    Naw...really it's been 5 wonderful years with my large and 3 with my mini(which was a birthday present from my wife...can you believe it!!)
    And no egg would be complete without some customized Lawnranger tools!![p]Wobbly pops to ya!![p]Chris

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    Ron,[p]I still have my Pachinko machine too! Works great, until I get a ball stuck in it.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    I've never had that problem guess I'm lucky. OTOH when I first bought it plus a couple extra bags of balls I thought some had a little rust on them so I soaked them all overnight in Naval Jelly. Well, guess what? Those shiny chrome like balls lost every bit of shine so mine aren't purdy anymore at all!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RichDTLC
    Options
    I've had mine less than 24 hrs. I have not had a chance to cook on it yet, but hopefully soon. Finishing up the home for it, so I should be unpacking it soon and putting it in the table. I'm excited about trying it out.