Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE on ebay

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There is a new large BGE on ebay right now, highest bid is $401

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Smokey Joe,[p] Went to the seller's homepage (their e-mail address was at a wholesalenow.com domain so I went to www.wholesalenow.com to poke around). Did a search on BGE and found that they sell *lots* of accessories. Lots of accessories at very premium prices![p]MikeO
  • MikeO,
    401 has not met the reserve price. I e mailed the seller but she would not let me know what the reserve was.[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    tember2,[p]The shipping is what will kill the deal on Ebay. If you're local to the dealer it would be a matter of picking it up. If anyone is near Wash DC, you can get a one day used one with nest, top, thermometer, rain cap from Eggfest April 28 for $475. See the link below.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Eggfest demo Eggs for sale $475 save $280[/ul]
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Smokey Joe, the last one on eBay had a high bid of $413 and even that did not meet the reserve price. Having bought and sold lots of stuff via eBay I can tell you that there are a lot of people who are using eBay commercially to unload products at a high price on unsuspecting bidders. This seems to be one of them. Beware of eBay'ers who are selling new items. They normally don't go cheap unless they are out of style or out of date. BGEs don't go out of style or date.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    tember2, that is one thing about e.bay that stinks..It's not really a auction unless there are no restrictions on the item's price. You gotta step carefully in those auction sink holes.
    Most individuals will e.mail you their reserve price when asked..at least my inquiries have. I just turned in a scammer. They agreed, and they jerked his privileges.
    C~W

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Wise One, good one!!
    C~W

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Wise One,[p] True enough. When I bought my film scanner on UBid, I paid $219 for it. Strangely enough, I went over to eBay shortly thereafter and almost all the other folks that bought it at the same time I did (I was suspicious when everyone but me was buying 5 or more) were reselling them there for about $300 (I correlated by e-mail address). I felt left out! However a buyer can occasionally get lucky on eBay if they pay attention or don't mind buying a reconditioned unit.[p]MikeO