Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast

Orio Kid
Orio Kid Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have an eight pound turkey breast brining right now. What should the internal temp be? Is it still 20 minutes per pound at 350*?
Thanks,
Jake

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    turkey14.jpg
    <p />Orio Kid,[p]That's an OK rule of thumb. The actual time to cook may (will) vary. I pull mine when the breast temp hits 165 deg.[p]Tim
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Orio Kid,[p]We've done two turkey breasts. I did one a couple of months ago that I overcooked, but it was still pretty good. My wife did one on Monday, also an 8 pounder, that came out just about perfect.[p]We all loved it! My 5 year old must have ate about 3/4 of a pound of turkey. I would cut some off for him and before I could some cut off for me I would hear, "more turkey".[p]You are in for a nice treat.[p]Jethro
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Orio Kid,
    Breast is done at 160-170. I cook it at around 300-325 over a drip pan. MMMmmmmmmmm.