Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sesame/Garlic Chicken Part II

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two 4 pounders described earlier took just over 2 hrs at 350deg to reach 185 in the thigh. Used 2 small chunx of wood, one sugar maple, the other pecan,forjusta hint of smoke flavor. Garlic flavor/aroma was strong, but not alarmingly so. Was a little worried at first when I was rubbing & injecting;whole house smelled like garlic & my wife said she could smell it in the car in the driveway. Sesame flavor was there, but not real strong. Used 1 to 1 ratio sesame to garlic oil; maybe should up the sesame proportion, or perhaps use toasted sesame oil instead of raw. Moisture, texture, etc. of chicken was great, but chicken cooked in the egg always is. Unlike some of the other stuff (brisket, pork) it seems hard to go wrong with chicken in the Egg...which begs the question, which came first...? Anyhow, leftover carcasses are in the stock pot with a representative sampling of every veggie in the fridge. Hot chicken soup tomorrow nite; winter ain't over yet in the Alleghenies...ERIC

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    E.B.,
    The Alleghenies is where I go camping. Where abouts are ya?

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    Near State College, (Centre County). Run trains out of Renovo, sometimes go up to Driftwood & Emporium to relieve trains out of Buffalo, & take 'em to Harrisburg. Pennsylvania is a well kept secret fot people that like the woods - shh - don't tell anyone - let 'em think it's all like downtowm Pittsburgh or Philly...ERIC

• Nature Boy,
    P.S. - was raised in Charlottesville, VA - my dad taught at UVA...Great place to grow up...ERIC

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    E.B., Good to see the rails represented. We had a train crew that consistantly seemed to blow a train line at the same spot near a bunch of woods where choice mushrooms grew. Never when a hot one was behind them tho..:-)
    Chicago Northwestern, (1969 to 1976)
    Char-Woody

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    E.B.,
    I live in State College! Small world, no? I work at Penn State. Unfortunately, the secret is out. More developing going on here than we can stand, resulting in crowded highways and many chain/fast-food joints. Hey, we have not one but TWO Wal-Marts. I'm not bragging. I grew up here and every time I leave town, I'm shocked at the suburban sprawl. But the Amish are holding their own, as they always do, which guarantees SOME scenic farmland around here.
    Cheers,
    Gretl[p]p.s. I'm outta here this afternoon, so if you answer me I won't see it until tomorrow morning.
    G.