Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami

Options
fournier88
fournier88 Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have seen some talk here regarding making Pastrami. Is this a difficult process? Could someone post a link to a recipe on how one would go about making homemade pastrami.[p]TIA

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    ff2bd12f.jpg
    <p />fournier88,[p]The link below will take you to my pastrami page. My shortcut method uses a store-bought corned beef and will give you a feel for the process without home-corning your own brisket. I usually do at least two flats at a time.[p]7872cfe6.jpg [p]Later you can explore home corning then making pastrami out of it. It only adds another few days to the process. Anyway, give these a looksy...[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Pastrami[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    fournier88,[p]I used thirdeye's recipe and made a batch for my dad for Christmas. I sliced it thin on a meat slicer, but I should have chilled/ semi-froze it before slicing because it came out kinda sloppy.
    Oh well, it still tasted good!

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    fournier88,
    I have used thirdeye's shortcut recipe and it came out fantastic.