Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe - Peach and Bourbon Glazed Pork Loin

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is one of the best pork loins that I've done bar none. The recipe is not mine, its from Cooking Pleasures Magazine, wish I could take credit for it though.[p]Glaze:[p]1/2 Cup Peach Preserves
1/2 Cup Bourbon or Peach Nectar
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
1 TBSP Chopped Fresh Ginger
1 TBSP Chopped Fresh Rosemary
1 3/4 tsp Grated Orange Peel
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced[p]Mix it all together in a bowl and set aside.[p]4-5 Pound Pork Loin Lightly salted and peppered prior to cooking[p]I cooked mine direct at 325 for about 2 hours turning every 20 or so minutes. Baste with the glaze every 10 minutes. I know, it sounded like a lot of glazing to me too but it really makes a difference.[p]Peach Chutney:[p]2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion Chopped
1 TBSP Curry Powder
2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
16 Ounce Package of Frozed Sliced Peaches or 4-5 fresh, sliced
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Apple Juice
2 TBSP Chopped Fresh Ginger
1 tsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Pecans Toasted[p]Heat the oil in a pan and brown the onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the Curry and cook another 3-4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 25-30 minutes or until the chutney thickens. Let it cool and add the pecans. Serve cool or at room temperature. Serve this with the Pork Loin.[p]The whole recipe took about 20 minutes to make (aside from grilling and simmering time), very easy, and the results are out of this world. Hope you enjoy it if you try it.[p]Troy

Comments