Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NB’s Pulled Pork Hash?

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
NatureBoy,
I recall that a long time ago you made some breakfast hash with leftover Pulled Pork (Red Eye Butt?). Could you refresh my memory?[p]If it was not you, then I would like suggestions. It just sounded good to me for dinner tonight.[p]Any Input wanted.
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    That was a tip I got from Elder Ward...as far as i know he has made some great contributions to the forum.[p]He recommended...and this is from memory...I have tried it a couple times and it is great. Get your cast iron skillet hot with a little oil, and add the pulled pork. (I sautee onions first). Brown on one side until almost sticking, and add some water and/or coffee and any additional seasonings you wish to add). and let go for 15-30 seconds. Scrape all the stuff off the bottom of the pan and mix it up good, and cook up everything until the water is almost evaporated, and repeat process if necessary until you have a nice gravy coating on the meat. Doesn't take long, and goes great with eggs and toast![p]Speaking of that...I just had my first physical in 20 years, and I was nervous about my cholestrol being out of sight. Got back results 190, and a great balance of the good and bad cholestrol. Very relieved, and ready for some more meat!!![p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    That was a tip I got from Elder Ward...as far as i know he has made some great contributions to the forum.[p]He recommended...and this is from memory...I have tried it a couple times and it is great. Get your cast iron skillet hot with a little oil, and add the pulled pork. (I sautee onions first). Brown on one side until almost sticking, and add some water and/or coffee and any additional seasonings you wish to add). and let go for 15-30 seconds. Scrape all the stuff off the bottom of the pan and mix it up good, and cook up everything until the water is almost evaporated, and repeat process if necessary until you have a nice gravy coating on the meat. Doesn't take long, and goes great with eggs and toast![p]Speaking of that...I just had my first physical in 20 years, and I was nervous about my cholestrol being out of sight. Got back results 190, and a great balance of the good and bad cholestrol. Very relieved, and ready for some more meat!!![p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Cool.
    Thanks,
    R&J

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    E~W plagerized every recipe he ever posted. If you feel that is making great contributions to the forum then God love ya.
    Claiming someone elses recipes and techniques as ones own and poasting them as original, stinks. Not someone I would want to be associated with.

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    E~W plagerized every recipe he ever posted. If you feel that is making great contributions to the forum then God love ya.
    Claiming someone elses recipes and techniques as ones own and poasting them as original, stinks. Not someone I would want to be associated with.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    JJ,
    I know you know a lot more about Elder than I do, and I know you have a lot more problems with him personally than I. From what I saw during his time posting (remember I have only been posting here for 19 months or so) he brought interesting info to the forum, and he had his own way of doing it. he did not plagerize his personality, and he never did anything bad to me. I am sorry to hear that he did not credit the sources of recipes properly. That is just not right. And sorting all of your lump is not exactly necessary.[p]But I learned that red-eye butt in a pan recipe from him, and it is pretty tasty stuff. Plus I still get a laugh everytime I think about that left-handed brisket story of his![p]Maybe you two will be close buddies some day!!
    See you soon!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com