Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

Smoked SignalsSmoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was making TRex steaks the other night (very good) and decided to do something different with the left over heat. [p]I split a butternut squash and tossed on some salt/pepper/EVOO. I threw some wine barrel chips on the fire and put the squash on the grid direct @ 350 for 30 minutes. The bottom started to burn so I added aluminum foil after that and cooked it until it was fork tender (another 20 minutes).[p]After that I brought it inside and ran the inside thru a blender with 2 roasted red peppers, 2 cups of milk, and 1 tsp of chipolte powder. It was quite spicy and smokey. Made about 4 cups of thick soup.[p]Yesterday I finished it with 2 pieces of bacon (julianed) and some crispy oyster crackers. [p]I'm pretty much a meat and taters kind of guy but this was very good. I guess I need to mix in a vegie every once in a while.
Who knew I had a vegetarian dish in me. :)[p]Doug

Comments