Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My butt a huge hit

Options
Tony
Tony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGEphotos105.jpg
<p />I can't beleive it took me a year before I slow smoked a butt on the egg. For some reason I never did a long over night cook until now. I put the 5.85 lb Boston butt on the BGE at 10:15 New Years Eve and it was ready 13 hrs and 12 minutes later on New Years day. Not only did I cook it over night but I cooked it from 2006 to 2007 :)[p]Thanks to Elder Ward and The Naked Whiz for the very extensive and simple instructions. I cleaned and vac'd the egg and hand built the fire using Ozark Oak lump. The temp held perfectly all night long at 240*. At 8:30AM the internal meat prob temp read 176*. I opened the bottom vent about a 1/4 inch more and raised the temp to almost 300* at 11:20 AM it finally hit 200 degrees.

Man alive! Unbelievable! It was without question the biggest hit that I have ever cooked on the egg. My guest were blown away at how good the pulled pork was. I really out did myself with this one :)[p]Here is a pic. It doesn't do it justice but trust me it was awesome.[p]BGEphotos104.jpg

Comments