Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

My butt a huge hit

TonyTony Posts: 224
edited 3:55PM in EggHead Forum
<p />I can't beleive it took me a year before I slow smoked a butt on the egg. For some reason I never did a long over night cook until now. I put the 5.85 lb Boston butt on the BGE at 10:15 New Years Eve and it was ready 13 hrs and 12 minutes later on New Years day. Not only did I cook it over night but I cooked it from 2006 to 2007 :)[p]Thanks to Elder Ward and The Naked Whiz for the very extensive and simple instructions. I cleaned and vac'd the egg and hand built the fire using Ozark Oak lump. The temp held perfectly all night long at 240*. At 8:30AM the internal meat prob temp read 176*. I opened the bottom vent about a 1/4 inch more and raised the temp to almost 300* at 11:20 AM it finally hit 200 degrees.

Man alive! Unbelievable! It was without question the biggest hit that I have ever cooked on the egg. My guest were blown away at how good the pulled pork was. I really out did myself with this one :)[p]Here is a pic. It doesn't do it justice but trust me it was awesome.[p]BGEphotos104.jpg

• GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
    Tiger Tony,[p]Congrats! Welcome to the Butt Club! [p]It's a great feeling, isn't it? Pulled Pork is the best when cooked on an Egg.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

• JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 196
    <p />Tiger Tony,
    I love big butts,,,, er,,ahhh, Boston Butts, that is! Here is a pic of two butts I pulled and served at a birthday party. Big hit. People think you are a real BBQ god. And, they're right!

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • JimboBQ,
    I also got a BGE for Fathers day it is the best and your right the PP is the best.
    Happy New Year
    Bobby-FTW, TX