Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My butt a huge hit

TonyTony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGEphotos105.jpg
<p />I can't beleive it took me a year before I slow smoked a butt on the egg. For some reason I never did a long over night cook until now. I put the 5.85 lb Boston butt on the BGE at 10:15 New Years Eve and it was ready 13 hrs and 12 minutes later on New Years day. Not only did I cook it over night but I cooked it from 2006 to 2007 :)[p]Thanks to Elder Ward and The Naked Whiz for the very extensive and simple instructions. I cleaned and vac'd the egg and hand built the fire using Ozark Oak lump. The temp held perfectly all night long at 240*. At 8:30AM the internal meat prob temp read 176*. I opened the bottom vent about a 1/4 inch more and raised the temp to almost 300* at 11:20 AM it finally hit 200 degrees.

Man alive! Unbelievable! It was without question the biggest hit that I have ever cooked on the egg. My guest were blown away at how good the pulled pork was. I really out did myself with this one :)[p]Here is a pic. It doesn't do it justice but trust me it was awesome.[p]BGEphotos104.jpg

Comments